phpmyadmin table problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

phpmyadmin table problem

Postby tj4all » 21. December 2008 02:15

hi
i have installed xampp 1.6.8 on my windows vista home premium edition and everything is working fine in it except for onw problem in phpmyadmin
i didn't notice it when i was testing forum's and such program's since they would ask it to create the databases and tables automatically but when i wanted to create the databases and tables i have noticed it.

i can create databases as usual but when i want to add a table i specify its name and the number of feilds then i click on go
the next page only shows one feild name to input and manytext boxes and drop down menus for its details but doesn't show 2 or 3 of it only one and if i click on save or go when on that screen it does nothing only reset the boxes to empty and the table and feilds are not inserted.

if anyone knows what to do please tell me ASAP i have 2 projects and i need to fix this very soon :(

thnx in advance for any help
www.ZeinSystems.com

Where the Internet is an Art ...
tj4all

Re: phpmyadmin table problem

Postby Sharley » 21. December 2008 02:32

What user name are you using to login in to PMA?

I have just logged in to PMA using super user root, created a database and added a table with 10 fields and all 10 blank field boxes are displayed ready for editing, after I press Go.

BTW can you delete all the other post you made about this same issue as double/triple posting is frowned upon and totally unnecessary - just hit the Edit button and then the blue X.
Last edited by Sharley on 21. December 2008 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby tj4all » 21. December 2008 02:47

i am using the default user and pass user root pass is blank
and it is telling me i need to set up a pass coz its not secure like this
and mine still isn't after i uninstalled xampp removed all databases and deleted everything then done a new install tested the phpmyadmin it still did the same

BTW this is the first time i post here and i have just regestered to solve this its been bugging me all past week and SRRY but i didn't realize that refreshing the page after hitting submit will do that :wink:
www.ZeinSystems.com

tj4all

Postby Sharley » 21. December 2008 02:57

Sorry, I can't replicate your issue.

I was successful on a PMA with a user root with a password and on a PMA with a user root with no password.

If you want to try your installation with a password then you set it up in http://localhost and click on the Security menu and follow the links - MySQL and phpMyAdmin share the same user root and it's password.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby tj4all » 21. December 2008 03:01

i tried with a password i set it up for MySQL but then phpmyadmin wouldn't let me login and each time i type the root user and the MySQL password and hit login it would just refresh the page and delete the text in the boxes :? very weired ...
www.ZeinSystems.com

tj4all

Postby Sharley » 21. December 2008 03:07

Did you set the root user password in the XAMPP Security page or from within PMA or where?

The PMA/MySQL password is easily set and changed using the XAMPP Security page mentioned above.

How did you uninstall XAMPP?

Make sure that all XAMPP components are stopped and any running as a service are also stopped/uninstalled including the XAMPP Control Panel.

Check using the Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar and selecting Task Manager then click on the Processes tab and look for any apache or mysql files - select and click on End Process if any are found.

Then delete the whole xampp folder.

Download a fresh copy of XAMPP and install again - test http://localhost and all its menus first before proceeding.

Make sure in Vista you have administrator privileges for all things and you install XAMPP to a folder with no spaces in the name - c:\xampp is a good location.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Postby tj4all » 21. December 2008 03:33

i set the password in the XAMPP Security page i uninstalled xampp using the programs and features found in the control panel and removed all the components and databases and files also deleted the c:/xampp folder then i tested the localhost "gave no page found" so the uninstall was complete then i reinstalled and the localhost page showed the languages and so on.

everything was normal and fine but not phpmyadmin :? still the same
www.ZeinSystems.com

tj4all

Return to XAMPP for Windows