Mysql driver 3.51 not found

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mysql driver 3.51 not found

Postby rokhard » 19. December 2008 20:17

Heres the deal; New at this, and trying to do a tutorial with mysql. The tutorial says if I start mysql.batch, a command promp screen pops up and to enter certain info. I tried that, but the command prompt screen wont let me type anything in. So, I go the xampp control panel (which says mysql is running), uncheck the service button, and click admin. A quick screen pops up, then shuts down a second later. I managed to get a screenshot. I noticed in the big MyODBC window, it says "Not Found, Driver3.51 not found". Also, it says "Whistler" for OS platform. What does that mean?

Anyway, as soon as the screen shuts down, the little traffic light pops up at the bottom of the screen, and it has a red light. Then, every two seconds or so, a new error screen pops up and says "access violation at address 1009FB0 in module LIBMYSQL.dll Read of address 00000000." So my screen starts filling up with these error windows, antil I click the 'shutdown service' option when I right click the traffic light icon. If I start the service a different way, sometimes I will get a main screen asking for username and password, and when I type that in, it starts the error screen process.

Anyone know what to do here?
rokhard

Re: Mysql driver 3.51 not found

Postby Wiedmann » 19. December 2008 20:40

Anyone know what to do here?

Don't start the program "WinMySQLAdmin" (and don't use the "admin" button in the control panel). And remove it from the StartUp Folder, if exists.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby rokhard » 19. December 2008 21:39

O.K. , thats kind of a given at this point. How should I go about using mysql, then? Is there no way to correct the problem?
rokhard

Postby Wiedmann » 19. December 2008 22:48

How should I go about using mysql, then?

You can use any other MySQL client you want. (e.g. the MySQL command line client, phpMyAdmin or your own PHP script)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows