Setting up security

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Setting up security

Postby tristate » 24. November 2008 17:05

I need help with setting up my security on XAMPP. I tried searching for this topic and could not find it so if there is an answer some where please point me to it.
I just downloaded XAMPP to my computor and was going to set up the security according to the directions. I go to local host and then security and all I get is a window that tells me that I don't have any security.
The directions show a window to type in a password but that window does not come up.
I tried looking for more documentation on setting up the security but cannot find anything.
Thankyou for your help.
tristate

Re: Setting up security

Postby glitzi85 » 05. December 2008 19:41

Sorry, but i do not understand anything you wrote!

Did you already execute the security script from localhost? If yes, what happens, if no, what is your problem?

The best thing would be if you exactly describe every step you made starting from Download!

glitzi
glitzi85

Re: Setting up security

Postby Wiedmann » 05. December 2008 19:54

I go to local host and then security and all I get is a window that tells me that I don't have any security.

Below the summary on this page, there must be a link to change the passwords (enable "security").
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows