Theme setting in PHPmyadmin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Theme setting in PHPmyadmin

Postby vikram8jp » 28. November 2008 02:51

Hello all,

Does anybody know how to save the theme setting when I logout of phymyadmin?
When I close firefox and log back in phpmyadmin, my theme changes back to original.
How can I fix this?
I am using version 2.11 of phpmyadmin.
Thanks and Regards
Vikram
vikram8jp

Postby Sharley » 28. November 2008 10:23

Clear your browser's cache.

Why it is not reading your changes I have no idea but you can check the configurations.

Look for these lines in .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php
Code: Select all
// theme manager
$cfg['ThemePath']           = './themes';    // using themes manager please set up here the path to 'themes'
                                             // else leave empty
$cfg['ThemeManager']        = TRUE;          // if you want to use selectable themes and if ThemesPath not empty
                                             // set it to true, else set it to false (default is false);
$cfg['ThemeDefault']        = 'aqua';         // set up default theme, if ThemePath not empty
                                             // you can set up here an valid path to themes or 'original' for
                                             // the original pma-theme

If your have a small config.inc.php file in the above folder that does not have those lines, then go to:
.\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.default.php which should have similar lines.

Change the $cfg['ThemeDefault'] to the theme of your choice and make sure the theme name you choose is located in the .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\themes folder.

Important
It is recommended not to edit the default.config.php file but to copy the relevant lines to your config.inc.php file and then do your edits in that file which results in always having an unedited clean config.default.php file.

After editing a configuration file and after saving the file restart MySQL and login again to phpMyAdmin and try out your changes.

My preference is to copy over to the phpMyAdmin folder the whole config.default.php file and then rename it to config.inc.php. Then you don't have to worry about having 2 separate and different phpMyAdmin config files, which as you can imagine, keeps all the configurations in one place and makes the process of editing the configuration file very simple.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby vikram8jp » 01. December 2008 05:16

Thank you Sharley. That worked for me fine. Thanks a lot. I had the those lines missing in my config.in.php file.
Thanks and Regards
Vikram
vikram8jp

This works fine now

Postby vikram8jp » 05. December 2008 08:26

This works fine now.
Thanks and Regards
Vikram
vikram8jp

Return to XAMPP for Windows