configuring setup to display php include files

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

configuring setup to display php include files

Postby trout1 » 16. November 2008 23:49

I have Dreamweaver CS3 and have installed Xampp.

I have configured the DW testing server profile to point to C:\xampp\htdocs\

When I tell index.php to preview in browser, the file opens as expected except I get the following warning.

"Warning: include(z-sidenav.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 23"

So, I'm guessing my includes file are not mapped correctly.
I'd appreciate your suggestions for the correct configuration in order to properly display include files.
trout1

Postby glitzi85 » 17. November 2008 13:07

Do you find this File in your Explorer?

C:\xampp\htdocs\z-sidenav.php

mfg glitzi
glitzi85

Postby trout1 » 17. November 2008 16:30

glitzi85 wrote:Do you find this File in your Explorer?

C:\xampp\htdocs\z-sidenav.php

mfg glitzi

No, the file z-sidenav.php is not in the htdocs file. z-sidenav.php is resident with my other collateral files in the folder I have defined for the Dreamweaver assets for this site.

I am now wondering if I need to re-set the Dreamweaver site manager and make htdocs hold all of my php files?
trout1

Postby Nobbie » 17. November 2008 17:05

trout1 wrote:I am now wondering if I need to re-set the Dreamweaver site manager and make htdocs hold all of my php files?

Either do that - or edit php.ini and edit the value of include_path and add the path you choose in Dreamweaver for the include files.

Restart Apache after changing php.ini.
Nobbie

Postby trout1 » 18. November 2008 00:24

Okay. It sort of makes sense to me now.

I just thought that the "include" or "require" php files should work the same way as my graphic s when previewing index.php in my browser.

I probably won't change the "ini" file as every website I do will have a different root folder. That would be a hassle to change the php.ini files everytime, don't you think?
trout1

Return to XAMPP for Windows