Server installed. Apache not returning any page.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Server installed. Apache not returning any page.

Postby MiniMurderdoll » 12. November 2008 14:22

Hey all, having real issues with this. Installed the package on my Vista 64 bit machine, and it seems to go ok, up until the point where it checks ports, and it claims port 80 or the SSL port is in use, however nothing that I know of is running on that port (it was used for RDP before, but before installation I removed that so that the port should be free, and it has indeed changed to the default RDP again)

Ive tried using Xampp, and apache standalone, but I get this issue regardless:

When going to 127.0.0.1:port, and the server is off. I get a standard 'page cant be found' browser error (I am testing in Opera, Safari, IE and Firefox).

When the server is started, the page tried to load continuously, but never does. Stays at 0kb loaded. Then when the server is stopped during this continual loading, it then gives the original error above of 'page cant be found'.

This suggests to me, that there is some form of connection being made to Apache, as the different states of loading can be produced depending on the server state, however I cant get anything loaded.

Theres is no error in the Apache error log, and the access log is completely blank.

Heres a video showing the above situation incase I didnt word it well enough, any help appreciated.

http://www.thorpeparkretreat.co.uk/ApacheFail.swf

Chris
MiniMurderdoll

Postby Wiedmann » 12. November 2008 14:31

When the server is started, the page tried to load continuously, but never does. Stays at 0kb loaded. Then when the server is stopped during this continual loading, it then gives the original error above of 'page cant be found'.

You can try the Win32DisableAcceptEx Directive in "httpd.conf".

Installed the package on my Vista 64 bit machine

Especially MySQL does not support 64-bit Windows Vista...
(Don't know about other components.)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby MiniMurderdoll » 12. November 2008 18:13

Brilliant. Adding 'Win32DisableAcceptEx' to the conf file worked perfectly.

Run a search for that on the forums and found a bunch of topics with the same issue I had. Bit annoying because I tried searching various places but I guess I wasnt using the right terms to get the result.

Cheers for the help though :)
MiniMurderdoll

Return to XAMPP for Windows