Only Install XAMPP Control Panel

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Only Install XAMPP Control Panel

Postby Borsho » 26. October 2008 02:49

Is it possible to install the control panel only and configure it to use
my existing MySql..PHP...MyphpAdmin..Apache applications. All applications
work together. How do I install ?
Thanks
Borsho

Postby glitzi85 » 26. October 2008 16:42

I have no idea how the CP is programmed, but i guess it is using relative paths. So if your Installation Structure is the same as in xampp then you can just put the CP in your Root folder and start it.

So you must install Apache and MySQL in the same directory and their folder names must be apache and mysql. Then it should work.

glitzi
glitzi85

Postby Sharley » 27. October 2008 00:58

I have not tried this but I have downloaded the zip file and had a look at it's contents.

The zip file contains the source code and an ini file that looks like it can be configured to start the CP with some modifications and would be placed in the same location as the CP's exe file.

From the CP web page:
Note that Version 2.5 now also honors an xampp.ini file (see included sample).

Using the ini file you may be able to specify a path to Apache and MySQL.

Perhaps you would like to download this zip file yourself and do some experimenting with it and, if you would be so kind as to post back your findings, I am sure it would be much appreciated by the community.

The link To fetch the source code, click Support... button can be found by clicking the Help button in the CP or go there directly:
Download XAMPP Control Panel Version 2.5 executables and source code (190 KB)
CP Home Page

BTW, You can, if you wish, purchase a Support Token and deal directly with the CP's authors. ;)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Return to XAMPP for Windows