mod_perl

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mod_perl

Postby GyroTarzan » 19. October 2008 19:26

Hi, does anyone get perl to work with new xampp 1.6.8?

I dont know what i doing wrong :(
GyroTarzan

Re: mod_perl

Postby Sharley » 19. October 2008 23:54

GyroTarzan wrote:Hi, does anyone get perl to work with new xampp 1.6.8?

I dont know what i doing wrong :(

Nor does anyone else reading your post unless you tell us what you are doing, what you have tried and what error messages you are getting.

You could start by reading and following the install instructions in the readme-addon-perl.txt that accompanied the Perl Add-on, if that is what you have installed and can't get to work, in particular the part that explains that you need to run the setup_xampp.bat 2 times.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby w4vy » 20. October 2008 00:29

w4vy

Postby Sharley » 20. October 2008 00:33

For what it's worth w4vy, the XAMPP Perl Add-on is also ActiveState's ActivePerl but simply configured to integrate perfectly and seamlessly with an XAMPP installation, that is, if the very simple readme-addon-perl.txt file installation instruction are followed - which only really serves to allow the installer the choice of using mod_perl or not using it and placing the perl configuration files (perl.conf and startup.pl), suitably edited, into their correct locations within the apache folder tree. :)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby w4vy » 20. October 2008 08:49

Sharley wrote:For what it's worth w4vy, the XAMPP Perl Add-on is also ActiveState's ActivePerl but simply configured to integrate perfectly and seamlessly with an XAMPP installation, that is, if the very simple readme-addon-perl.txt file installation instruction are followed - which only really serves to allow the installer the choice of using mod_perl or not using it and placing the perl configuration files (perl.conf and startup.pl), suitably edited, into their correct locations within the apache folder tree. :)

:shock: oh :oops:
w4vy

Postby GyroTarzan » 20. October 2008 21:34

Hm, i was no problem with perl addon, it was dbd-mysql i missed, now it´s installed and works.

GyroTarzan

Return to XAMPP for Windows