Unrecoginzed Fatal error

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Unrecoginzed Fatal error

Postby cputester » 18. October 2008 07:50

Hello, I'm having a problem trying to upload a database on my xampp 1.6.6.
I'm importing other databases but this is a large database (22MB in gzip). Since this db was "only" 15MB I edited in the php.ini of apache/bin the:

post_max_size
upload_max_filesize
max_execution_time
memory_limit

but now I get an error. I splited the db in 3 and I still get that error:
Code: Select all
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\db_common.inc.php on line 11

the number of the line is different at it's of the 3 parts...

How can I upload it?
Thank you
cputester

Postby Wiedmann » 18. October 2008 10:14

Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby cputester » 18. October 2008 20:59

any ideas on what configuration could cause that error? The package is certainly ok and I reinstalled the application..
cputester

Postby Sharley » 18. October 2008 21:22

cputester wrote:
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in C:\Program Files\xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\db_common.inc.php on line 11

any ideas on what configuration could cause that error?

Open .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php in your text editor and look for the line:

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 300; // maximum execution time in seconds (0 for no limit)

If you make any changes please backup (make a copy of) the file first.

To be sure any edits you make are recognised, restart Apache and MySQL.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby cputester » 19. October 2008 07:24

Sharley wrote:
cputester wrote:

any ideas on what configuration could cause that error?

Open .\xampp\phpMyAdmin\config.inc.php in your text editor and look for the line:

$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 300; // maximum execution time in seconds (0 for no limit)

If you make any changes please backup (make a copy of) the file first.

To be sure any edits you make are recognised, restart Apache and MySQL.

Actually this variable is at \xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.inc.php but once you told me I rebembered it I have changed it another time...
Thank you!
cputester

Postby Sharley » 19. October 2008 08:05

cputester wrote:Actually this variable is at \xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.inc.php but once you told me I rebembered it I have changed it another time...
Thank you!

Actually you would appear to have something wrong with your installation as there is no config.inc.php in the libraries folder on my 1.6.8 installation. It is in the phpMyAdmin root folder and a possible solution would be to copy that file into it's intended location.

I have been using XAMPP and phpMyAdmin on various platforms for many years and never known that file to be in any other location other than the phpMyAdmin root folder - it is the location that phpMyAdmin expects to find it.

Give the copy over a try and see if it helps, as this may be the reason you are having issues.

In the phpMyAdmin root folder I have:
config.inc.php
config.inc.safe.php
config.sample.inc.php

and one of my backup files:
config.inc.php_orig

In the libraries folder I have:
Config.class.php
config.default.php

On checking the many versions of XAMPP zip and 7zip archives I have stored on my PC the folder contents are indeed as I have set out above in every one of them.

This from the Documentation in the phpMyAdmin root folder and relates to the initial set up of phpMyAdmin, which is done for you already by the developers of XAMPP.
Documentation.txt wrote:4. Now you must configure your installation. There are two methods that can be
used. Traditionally, users have hand-edited a copy of config.inc.php, but
now a wizard-style setup script is provided for those who prefer a
graphical installation. Creating a config.inc.php is still a quick way to
get started and needed for some advanced features.
+ To manually create the file, simply use your text editor to create the
file config.inc.php (you can copy config.sample.inc.php to get minimal
configuration file) in the main (top-level) phpMyAdmin directory (the
one that contains index.php). phpMyAdmin first loads libraries/
config.default.php and then overrides those values with anything found
in config.inc.php. If the default value is okay for a particular
setting, there is no need to include it in config.inc.php.

So in your case phpMyAdmin is reading the config.default.php in the libraries folder but because you don't have the config.inc.php file in the root folder there is nothing for phpMyAdmin to override those defaults.

So in conclusion, if you want phpMyAdmin to read the configurations you have in the config.inc.php then you have to move it over to the root phpMyAdmin folder.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby cputester » 19. October 2008 09:15

Sorry my mistake I meant I edited \xampp\phpMyAdmin\libraries\config.default.php because from what you told me I remembered that this was the file I have edited in a previous installation...
In the phpMyAdmin root folder I have only:

config.inc.php
config.sample.inc.php
and in the first file there isn't this variable but there is in the one I edited...
cputester

Return to XAMPP for Windows