winmysqladmin.exe access violation

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

winmysqladmin.exe access violation

Postby nvision » 15. September 2008 16:08

Hi,

After installing the latest XAMPP for Windows
xampp-win32-1.6.7-installer.exe

When I restart my laptop I get winmysqladmin.exe access error. I have to force quit that process.

When I go into the XAMPP control panel mySql is running and I am able to use PHPmyAdmin. MySQL works but if I click on the admin panel in XAMPP then the winmysqladmin error returns.

I have tried to unintstall and reinstall but no luck.

Previously, I had xampp-win32-1.6.5 installed and had this same issue. I never resolved the problem I would just force quit the winmysqladmin.exe process.

One more thing - some time ago I had installed Apache2triad but that was removed - could this be the problem?

Can you please advise?
nvision

My fix

Postby jimt » 03. October 2008 12:24

When trying to use the Winmysqladmin, I would get an access violation error message and I would have to shut down the process manually from the Task Manager. What I did to fix it was rename the my.ini file in the Windows directory and then started Winmysqladmin from the Xampp control panel. I was asked to provide a username and password and a new my.ini file was created and no more popup error messages.
jimt

which ini file?

Postby nvision » 03. October 2008 15:18

Thats exactly what is happening too me.

Which ini file are you referring too?
nvision

Postby martcol » 05. October 2008 18:55

I have exactly the same problem here. I have XAMPP on an XP machine but I just can't get up and running on my new Vista laptop. The only thing I have done to try and fix it is to uninstall and reinstall. That's the limit of my technical expertise.

I am hopeful for an easy fix...

Thanks

Martin
martcol

Postby Sharley » 05. October 2008 23:57

martcol wrote:...I am hopeful for an easy fix...

I found many fixes, depending on various situations the error occurred, using these search criteria:

Keyword: violation
or
Keyword: winmysqladmin

Forum: XAMPP For Windows

Category: Apache Friends In English

BTW, winmysqldmin is deprecated and really should not be used, some of the above search results may explain this with possible alternative solutions.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby nvision » 06. October 2008 14:57

I've upgraded to the latest XAMPP, Isn't winmysqladmin part of that installation?
nvision

Return to XAMPP for Windows