Email

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Email

Postby CyCloneNL » 13. September 2008 13:57

Hello,

I'm running Xampp to test my scripts before they go live.

But now i have to use the Mail function in PHP, so how can i test that with Xampp?
I did set up a FROM: header, but to what address can i send it? And how can i read the emails?
CyCloneNL

Postby glitzi85 » 19. September 2008 10:05

For testing you can use Mercury. Just start it in the Control Panel. Predefined Accounts are Admin@localhost and postmaster@localhost. Sending Mails to them should work without problem, getting Mails will not work as they do not have a password. To change the passwords, click the Admin-Button in Control Panel for Mercury and select in the Menu Configuration -> Manage local Users. You can now either add a new user (the E-Mail Address will be username@localhost) or change an existing user (and enter a new password for this user). Then you will be able to retrieve the mails for this user by your preferred Mailprogram. You can either use IMAP or POP3, Mercury supports both, Server is localhost, username the username you wish to download the mails from (without @localhost).

glitzi
glitzi85

Not working

Postby joseph82 » 07. November 2008 12:11

I have started Mercurry mail from XAMPP control panel. And when I tried to call the page which send the mail, it show a dialog box to save the php page.

I didn't do any changes in the settings to do the Mercurry Mail installation on my machine. I tried all these from my local machine, and call the page like

http://localhost/mytest/mail.php

Please guide me.

Regards,
Joseph.
joseph82

Postby glitzi85 » 07. November 2008 15:06

Please post the Script here.

glitzi
glitzi85

Return to XAMPP for Windows