Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Call to undefined function: mysql_connect()

Postby twbeebe » 30. August 2008 19:42

Hello,

I have had a recent issue come up and after much digging through the mysql forums, have discovered that this has been going on for several Years ?
I am asking this forum whether thay have discovered the same issue and what work around they might have, to avoid not to having to reload the Apache package ?

The full error from the 'in process' shopping cart package, ZenCart, using IE 7's browser states; "Call to undefined function: mysql_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP", further checking gave me "STATUS: MySQL database - Deactivated". When you try to go into MyPHPadmin through the browser, I get "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration" ?

Specifications of the set-up;
XAMPP Control Panel Version 2.5 (9 May, 2007)
XAMPP for Windows Version 1.6.7
PHP: 5.2.6
MySQL 4.1.x
MySQL Server 5.00.56
ODBC 3.51.26.00
ZenCart 1.3.8

The task panel Xampp Control Panel allows me to start and stop the sevices for MySQL, but I still continue to get the errors ?

Any suggestions as to'How to pull it back up, just short of reloading everything ? I have been following the "/custom" series for modifications, so all will not be lost, should I have to reload.

Thank you in advance.
twbeebe

Postby Wiedmann » 30. August 2008 23:05

When you try to go into MyPHPadmin through the browser, I get "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration" ?

Your (XAMPP) PHP is using a wrong "php.ini".
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Windows