Accessing apache Admin

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Accessing apache Admin

Postby Tim Dawson » 30. June 2008 11:19

I've been running XAMPP for almost two years without a hitch, but I've just upgraded (well I hope it went OK, localhost is still running !). So I thought I'd better look in Apache Admin. I seem to have logged in correctly, but then I get this error message:

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Is that path to 'index.php' to be expected ? If so, do I need to edit the paths within that file so it can find what it's looking for ?
ramasaig
Isle of Mull, Scotland

OS=WinXP Home SP2
Tim Dawson

Postby Milligan » 30. June 2008 12:08

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:54, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan

Postby Tim Dawson » 30. June 2008 12:47

Thank you. Since posting my message I've progressed (?) in my installation, and there is now a lang,tmp file in place.

I'm now getting Server Error 500 when I click 'Admin'. Also in the Xampp Control Panel I get:
Current Directory: D:\xampp
Install Directory:
*** WARNING: DIRECTORY MISMATCH ***

(The Install directory is blank)

I extracted the new files into the D:\ directory, and I thought I didn't need to run the install bat file, but perhaps I do ?
ramasaig
Isle of Mull, Scotland

OS=WinXP Home SP2
Tim Dawson

Postby Milligan » 30. June 2008 13:10

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan

Postby Tim Dawson » 30. June 2008 14:08

Thank you again.

I followed the link and was able to edit the Registry to sort out the Directory Mismatch (which apparently wasn't crucial).

The error log showed what couldn't be found (the password file) and I copied it across from the old installation. I got into Apache Admin, so I now seem to be OK.

I think perhaps the problem arose because the new installation expected a blank (or default) password, but Firefox inserted the one it had stored.
ramasaig
Isle of Mull, Scotland

OS=WinXP Home SP2
Tim Dawson

Postby Tim Dawson » 30. June 2008 15:01

I spoke too soon.

In my 'old' XAMPP installation (of which I have a full copy) I was able to send outgoing e-mails from web pages displayed on the localhost server. This was done without Mercury running. I must have done some configuration of passwords etc., but can't remember what.

Can anyone help, please ?

ramasaig
Isle of Mull, Scotland

OS=WinXP Home SP2
Tim Dawson

Return to XAMPP for Windows