Mysql problems please help, urgent.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Mysql problems please help, urgent.

Postby Kinese » 20. June 2008 17:40

Hello I have problem with mysql. I'm using windows xp home edition with service pack 2. All ports free.
Here is some pictures I've taken to make things easier.
This is what's on atm
http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... wtfkc3.jpg
works fine.. but when I enter "http://localhost/security/xamppsecurity.php"
this happens, http://img131.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mysql2xf7.jpg
It is completly white! Firewall is off.
Kinese

Postby Danodemano » 21. June 2008 03:07

To me, that looks like a problem with the PHP extensions (or even PHP itself). What version of xampp are you running? Also, where did you install it?

--
Dan
Last edited by Danodemano on 21. June 2008 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Danodemano

Postby Kinese » 21. June 2008 04:48

Danodemano wrote:To me, that looks like a problem with the PHP extensions (or even PHP itself). What version of xampp are you running? Also, where did you install it.

--
Dan

I have downloaded xampp-win32-1.6.6a
and installed it in C:\
Kinese

Postby Kinese » 21. June 2008 04:53

Btw another picture, looks very strange!
This is when MySql and Apache is on looks normal with only Apache.
http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtfwtfdk2.jpg

It is http://localhost/security/ for those who cant recognize it.
Kinese

Postby Danodemano » 21. June 2008 05:05

Kinese wrote:
Danodemano wrote:To me, that looks like a problem with the PHP extensions (or even PHP itself). What version of xampp are you running? Also, where did you install it.

--
Dan

So c:\xampp is the directory that you installed to?
I'm not quite sure at this point....I could go on speculating all day I'm sure. It's possible that the user you are logged in as (of the user under which you are running apache/mysql) is not a local admin.

It's also possible that (even though you said the firewall is off) that something is still blocking the connection. It's hard to make that call though without being in front of the machine.

What browser are you trying to view the security pages in by the way?

You may try to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and see if that makes a difference also.

Someone else may be able to offer some additional insight....as I am far from an expert on xampp.
Danodemano

Postby Kinese » 21. June 2008 06:21

Danodemano wrote:
Kinese wrote:

--
Dan

So c:\xampp is the directory that you installed to?
I'm not quite sure at this point....I could go on speculating all day I'm sure. It's possible that the user you are logged in as (of the user under which you are running apache/mysql) is not a local admin.

It's also possible that (even though you said the firewall is off) that something is still blocking the connection. It's hard to make that call though without being in front of the machine.

What browser are you trying to view the security pages in by the way?

You may try to use 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost and see if that makes a difference also.

Someone else may be able to offer some additional insight....as I am far from an expert on xampp.

I am the only user on my pc, both firefox and internet explorer.

thanks for trying
Kinese

Postby Nobbie » 21. June 2008 11:35

Are the any serious problems or only the one white screen?

The security message is quite nonsense and have been discussed many times in this forum. Simply ignored it. It only means, that your mysql server can be accessed via port 3306, thats all. You *could* configure mysql not to use tcpip but sockets (a local pipe) instead - but anyway, this is really NOT a securitiy issue, simply the message is annoying.
Nobbie

Postby Kinese » 21. June 2008 17:02

Nobbie wrote:Are the any serious problems or only the one white screen?

Just the white screen
Kinese

Postby Kinese » 22. June 2008 00:50

damn, more people gotta have the same problem, or atleast
xampp staff have some sort of guide for these problems?
Kinese

Postby Nobbie » 22. June 2008 01:04

>xampp staff have some sort of guide for these problems?

Pretty stupid.

Delete Xampp from your pc and install the related software tools manually by yourself. Forget Xampp.
Nobbie

Postby Kinese » 22. June 2008 05:17

Nobbie wrote:>xampp staff have some sort of guide for these problems?

Pretty stupid.

Delete Xampp from your pc and install the related software tools manually by yourself. Forget Xampp.

whats stupid?
in my case i need xampp
Kinese

Postby w4vy » 23. June 2008 05:48

Nobbie wrote:>xampp staff have some sort of guide for these problems?

Pretty stupid.

Dude what's wrong with you ? Some people can't just install each piece of software individually and have a server up and running within 5 minutes. I know when I "1st tried" it was a nightmare and then when I came across xampp it was like xmas & new year rolled in one. So less of the ignorance and maybe help the users out if your such an expert on these matters. And yes I agree xampp needs a tiny bit of work but I have no doubt that the next editions of xampp will be even better and by that I mean Standard apache latest stable edition with only php5 and with MySQL 5.0.51b and then add all the extras you get now like eaccelarator, perl, tomcat and then add a few bonusus like mod_security & ioncube loaders. but hey thats just me and I still think what we have now is good, just could be and will be better. ok that's it, vented and now breathe :roll:

w4vy

EDIT: @Thread Starter --> As for your problem m8 I suggest starting again, getting the latest xampp installer and install to (*) c:/xampp but not before making sure ALL traces of any previous xampp installations have been deleted and that includes any Registry entries for MySQL (You should/maybe find 2 entries" delete them after uninstalling xampp and any services you installed when you installed xampp and then restart your computer.

(*) Just a tip to m8 I'd make a partition just for xampp and call it server or whatever, that way your server and all files todo with are not on your local c drive therefore making your system alot more secure.

cioa

w4vy
w4vy

Return to XAMPP for Windows