Database Support

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Database Support

Postby frozen11 » 09. April 2008 05:11

I'm trying to test a script out that I may use for my work and at the setup I'm getting the following message and I'm not sure on what I need to install or change for this to work proper.

At the moment I'm running Xampp on Kubuntu 7.10

Database Connectors

The next tests check for database support compiled with php. We use the ADODB database abstraction layer which comes with drivers for many databases. Consult the ADODB documentation for details.

For the moment only MySQL is fully supported, so you need to make sure it is available.
# iBase Support
Failed Not available
# Informix Support
Failed Not available
# LDAP Support
OK
# mSQL Support
Failed Not available
# MSSQL Server Support
OK
# MySQL Support
OK (5.0.51a)
# ODBC Support
Failed Not available
# Oracle Support
Failed Not available
# PostgreSQL Support
OK
# SQLite Support
OK (2.8.17)
# Sybase Support
OK

################################
Recommended PHP Settings
Safe Mode = OFF? OK
Register Globals = OFF? Failed There are security risks with this turned ON
Session AutoStart = ON? Failed Try setting to ON if you are experiencing a WhiteScreenOfDeath
Session Use Cookies = ON? OK
Session Use Trans Sid = OFF? Failed There are security risks with this turned ON

##############################################
When I try to enable a extension I always getting a error that it can't find the file do I need to compile PHP myself for these files?

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/msql.so' - /opt/lampp/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/msql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
##############################################

Any help would be great!

Thanks
frozen11

Postby Wiedmann » 09. April 2008 05:31

When I try to enable a extension I always getting a error that it can't find the file do I need to compile PHP myself for these files?

These extension are allread build into PHP and active. So you can't load them a second time as shared extension (which are not exists).
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby frozen11 » 10. April 2008 00:31

If they are built in then you would think I would be able to find these files on my system and when I search for them in LAMPP I see nothing for them the same goes for when I search my entire hard drive.
frozen11

Postby Wiedmann » 10. April 2008 00:39

f they are built in then you would think I would be able to find these files on my system

No. They are build in (into PHP) and not build as shared extensions. Only shared extensions you can find as "*.so" on your hd.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby frozen11 » 11. April 2008 00:30

Alright I take it the site I was reading must have been refering to PHP4.

I've gotten closer to installing this application now. I can see my login screen and after that it's just grey.

Is SOAP preinstalled as well, If not is there a guide to how I can install on Xampp?
frozen11

Postby Wiedmann » 11. April 2008 01:18

the site I was reading must have been refering to PHP4.

There is no difference between PHP4 and 5 and extensions. It's the choice of the admin if he want builf shared or buildin extensions. But maybe this site was not talking about XAMPP.

Is SOAP preinstalled as well,

Sorry, don't know this. Just look in phpinfo() to know the answer.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Return to XAMPP for Linux