mySQL - can not import database

Problems with the Linux version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Re: mySQL - can not import database

Postby kithmini » 28. January 2008 09:33

RikR wrote:I have a small database that is running in mySQL 4.x on a hosting server.

When I attempt to create a database and import the text file backup into mySQL in my xampp installation, it will not import.

The xampp mySQL is 5.0.27. I get this error:

No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration. See FAQ 1.16.

Should the mySQL 5 import a mySQL 4 database?

I have never had a problem doing this on the mySQL at my host service.
kithmini

Postby jcw5002 » 07. February 2008 05:21

I'm having the same problem. I've been using XAMPP for over a year now on Vista and XP. Yesterday i made the switch to Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. I can't seem to import my databases from my previous MySQL install.

No data was received to import. Either no file name was submitted, or the file size exceeded the maximum size permitted by your PHP configuration. See FAQ 1.16.

These are *tiny* databases... < 10kB and they are choking and refuse to input. What's the deal here?
jcw5002

Postby sizuki » 31. May 2008 09:29

I'm having the same problem. I'm using XAMPP on Mandriva 2008.

My database only 10kB
sizuki

Postby mykleman » 04. February 2009 14:24

I also just moved over to xamp for mac from XP. Same error I am getting. The db I am trying to import is 15 kb only. Very frustrating!!
Isnt there a apache friend out there that is a guru that can help us out here?
Rgds and gr8 thanks in advance!
Your is frustration!!
GJ Mykleman.
South Africa Drupal/Joomla Developer
G-J Mykleman
Cyberfarm Web Solutions
Joomla/Drupal Web Applications
Durban / South Africa
mykleman

Postby Mellowfellon » 03. April 2009 09:16

Chaps I'm not using Linux but I'm on OSX, found the same problem and thought it would be usefull for fellow Xamppers

just comment out this part :

;upload_tmp_dir =

since there is no temp mines works when set too:

upload_tmp_dir =/tmp

Good luck :D
Mellowfellon

Postby fgd007 » 25. May 2011 16:40

Had the same issue...

Mellowfellons solution didn't work for me on OSX Snowleopard. But then I found out that at starting the XAMPP module this error showed up
"/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/apachectl: line 70: ulimit: open files: cannot modify limit: Invalid argument"

I commented out line 69-71 in the mentioned file (as described here: viewtopic.php?t=30557) and that did the trick. Solved.

Good luck y'all
fgd007

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Linux