[BUG] PEAR error on Config.php Line 1003 in Vista (solution)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

[BUG] PEAR error on Config.php Line 1003 in Vista (solution)

Postby davide101 » 17. August 2007 14:45

I'm posting this because a quick search of the net reveals that this is a common problem including at least up to XAMPP 1.6.3a.

First, this problem can occur even on a pristine install. I disabled UAC (User Account Control), restarted, and then disabled the firewall. I then initiated the installation from a command line after using Run As Administrator. The software installed beautifully.

Every part of my installation was working until I went to update some PEAR modules. I received one of two errors. First, if I was using go-pear.bat I received this error:

Code: Select all
Notice: unserialize(): Error at offset 112 of 354 bytes in Config.php on line 1007

When I simply ran pear followed by a command, I got a similar error.

SOLUTION
On line 1007 of the c:\xampp\php\PEAR\PEAR\Config.php file, it's parsing the pear.ini file. I looked in pear.ini and went to the byte indicated. It was a path that started with a "\" instead of "c:\". I looked through the file and saw 4 of 8 paths did not include the "c:" part. I fixed this and everything went perfectly.

I am guessing that this is an error in the installer. When a the pear.ini file is generated during installation, it looks like it's using the linux format for those few items. For some reason, XP is fine with it but Vista is more finicky.

If someone knows the proper place to report this bug, please forward it on. I hope this helps someone out there save a few hours of screwing around!
davide101

Postby lfolco » 17. August 2007 17:54

i tried this and it still doesn't work. has anyone else found a solution to this problem?
lfolco

Good solution for pear on windows xp

Postby edmuralles » 23. October 2007 18:31

Thank you for your post davide101, now I can use PEAR very well.
edmuralles

Postby vincent818 » 22. January 2008 06:56

Hi every one,

I need some help from you guys
I try to install PEAR on my apache (provide by xampp)

I have same error report and I changed the "\" to "c:\"
and it bring me to next stage of the installation,

However the MS windows said CLI stoped working as following

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: php.exe
Application Version: 5.2.4.4
Application Timestamp: 46d6a4b8
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00061884
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: c782
Additional Information 2: b161410011ea1dc4dd59ee66dd70d582
Additional Information 3: e865
Additional Information 4: 12d67553d19abea024cc47887e6bfdf5

After I close the CLI window, I am able to carry on the installation.
The install error as follow:

1. Installation base ($prefix) : C:\xampp\php
2. Binaries directory : C:\xampp\php
3. PHP code directory ($php_dir) : C:\xampp\php\pear
4. Documentation directory : C:\xampp\php\pear\docs
5. Data directory : C:\xampp\php\pear\data
6. Tests directory : C:\xampp\php\pear\tests
7. Name of configuration file : C:\xampp\php\pear.ini
8. Path to CLI php.exe : C:\xampp\php\.

1-8, 'all' or Enter to continue:
Beginning install...
Configuration written to C:\xampp\php\pear.ini...
Initialized registry...
Preparing to install...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarbal ... .3.1.tar...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarbal ... -1.2.tar...
installing phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/go-pear-tarbal ... 4.11.tar...

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Depen
dencyDB.php on line 230

Warning: Cannot use a scalar value as an array in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Depen
dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Dep
endency2.php on line 1040

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in phar://go-pear.phar/PEAR/Dep

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

pear/PEAR can optionally use package "pear/XML_RPC" (version >= 1.4.0)

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

dencyDB.php on line 230

install ok: channel://pear.php.net/Archive_Tar-1.3.1
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/Console_Getopt-1.2
install ok: channel://pear.php.net/PEAR-1.4.11
PEAR: Optional feature webinstaller available (PEAR's web-based installer)
PEAR: Optional feature gtkinstaller available (PEAR's PHP-GTK-based installer)
PEAR: Optional feature gtk2installer available (PEAR's PHP-GTK2-based installer)

To install use "pear install pear/PEAR#featurename"

** WARNING! Old version found at C:\xampp\php, please remove it or be sure to us
e the new c:\xampp\php\pear.bat command

The 'pear' command is now at your service at c:\xampp\php\pear.bat

** The 'pear' command is not currently in your PATH, so you need to
** use 'c:\xampp\php\pear.bat' until you have added
** 'C:\xampp\php' to your PATH environment variable.

Run it without parameters to see the available actions, try 'pear list'
to see what packages are installed, or 'pear help' for help.

For more information about PEAR, see:

http://pear.php.net/faq.php
http://pear.php.net/manual/

Thanks for using go-pear!

Press any key to continue . . .

Every time I try to run pear.bat it close itself!
is the install OK or not?
If not, any idea to fix it?
vincent818

Postby Izzy » 22. January 2008 07:40

Can't help other than to point you to a forum search that will give you results to read by the Pear Guru.

Click on the Search button and add pear in the Search for Keywords: box.
Add Wiedmann in the Search for Author: box.
Select XAMPP for Windows in the Forum: drop menu.
Select Apache Friends in English in the Category: drop menu
Click Search.

IIRC Pear is already installed by default in XAMPP but if you want to upgrade the installed version you have to remove it before upgrading - may be the search results will clear up this issue for you.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows