OpenSSL

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

OpenSSL

Postby blackadder1000 » 18. January 2008 16:46

Hi,
I have a PHP script that calls the openssl_get_publickey() function. I know this has worked on previous versions of XAMPP.
Now I get the error message:

Call to undefined function openssl_get_publickey()

I tried editing the PHP.ini so as to uncomment extension=php_openssl.dll but this didn't help.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
blackadder1000

Re: OpenSSL

Postby Izzy » 19. January 2008 04:15

blackadder1000 wrote:Now I get the error message:

Call to undefined function openssl_get_publickey()
Is this the full error message?

blackadder1000 wrote:...I tried editing the PHP.ini so as to uncomment extension=php_openssl.dll but this didn't help...
Which php.ini file did you edit because, as far as I am aware, this particular extension is not commented out by default in any php.ini file included in XAMPP?

BTW - http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php will, among other php configurations items and loaded extensions, tell you the correct php.ini file to edit.

Do you have other instances of php on your system or perhaps another server that has an instance of php included where your system path variables point to this other instance?

Make sure, by double checking, that any paths specified in your script's configuration are correct in relation to the location of any server ssl certificates that the script may require.

Finally make sure the script you are using is compatible with the php version and other XAMPP module versions, because if you are using 1.6.5 it contains the latest versions of the modules at the time of this release - check with the script's authors where possible.
(Some scripts are written for older versions of Apache, php and MySQL and may not be compatible with the newer versions).
Izzy

Postby blackadder1000 » 19. January 2008 20:04

Thanks for all your advice. I tried an older version of XAMPP and this seemed to solve the problem.
Thanks again
blackadder1000

Postby blackadder1000 » 19. January 2008 23:15

For those of you who are interested I tracked the problem down to a commented out line in php.ini.

Use phpinfo to find out which php.ini to edit (my one was xampp\apache\bin\php.ini)

then uncomment the line ;extension=php_openssl.dll
by removing the ; at the start.

Restart apache and it is working again.

This line appears to have been commented out between releases 1.6.2 and 1.6.3 of xampp
blackadder1000

Return to XAMPP for Windows