xampp installed but mysql deactivated

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp installed but mysql deactivated

Postby johne » 01. December 2005 11:40

hi

just intalled everything but the status window says mysql is deactivated, and phpmyadmin says

MySQL said:

#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

i have tried to reload mysql....

John-Entwistles-Computer:~ jentwistle$ sudo su
Password:
John-Entwistles-Computer:/Users/jentwistle root# /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp start mysql
Starting XAMPP for MacOS X 0.5...
XAMPP: XAMPP-Apache is already running.
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: XAMPP-ProFTPD is already running.
XAMPP for MacOS X started.
John-Entwistles-Computer:/Users/jentwistle root# /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp reloadmysql
XAMPP: MySQL isn't running...
John-Entwistles-Computer:/Users/jentwistle root#

i have previously installed mysql and created the user and group called mysql using NetInfo Manager's domain list, following a macromadia tutorial... could this be the problem? i'm on 10.4.3

thanks

john
johne

Postby johne » 01. December 2005 17:13

if this might help someone, just figured it out

before using xampp i had previously installed mysql, there is an auto start feature which seemed to conflict with xampp so when i turned off the auto start xampp and phpmyadmin worked fine
johne

how to turn off autostart?

Postby meggrace » 08. February 2006 05:06

"before using xampp i had previously installed mysql, there is an auto start feature which seemed to conflict with xampp so when i turned off the auto start xampp and phpmyadmin worked fine"

I did the same thing. before finding XAMPP. I am unable to access PhpMyADMIN. How do you turn off autostart?

Thanks!
meggrace

Same

Postby poncho_garza » 11. July 2007 09:32

I did exactly the same.

How do you turn off autostart?

Thanks
poncho_garza

XAMPP for Mac OS X >> move to MAMP

Postby omegatroid » 11. July 2007 16:38

Hi,

I made my original query over a year ago. I am now using MAMP, a one-click installer of Apache, MySQL, and PHP for the Mac. Easy to use. Turn off and on the server using a handy widget. Easy access to PHP MyAdmin. Check it out at mamp.info

Meg
omegatroid

Deactivated MYSQL

Postby dilauro » 30. September 2007 06:07

I installed XAMPP on my Linux machine. Everything looked for until I start to install PunBB, I could not connect to MYSQL.
It all seemed to be related to the password for root .. When I set a password for root, myphadmin would not come up. I reinstalled and things when tine.
but this time, when I was in the XAMPP main screen, it showed that MYSQL
was deactivated.
How do I get it to restart correctly?
dilauro

how to turn off autostart?

Postby colorful » 12. January 2008 09:03

I'm in the same exact boat. Anyone figure out what 'turn off autostart' means though?
colorful

Postby JP1c » 14. January 2008 02:43

I've got the same problem with it saying MySQL is deactivated. It looks like it is trying to access using no password but I followed the security fix (/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp security) in the instructions http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-macosx.html and did actually set a password for it - now I have no idea what to do so that it starts using the password I set. When I try to go via phpMyAdmin I get
Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.11.3

phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server.
Error

MySQL said: Documentation
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
JP1c

mysql deactivated

Postby colorful » 14. January 2008 03:25

ok so I set the mysql root password and figured out how to access phpmyadmin...try going into your /xamppfiles/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php and changing the password to reflect your mysql config, save and you should be golden for phpmyadmin. Now if I can just figure out why my MYSQL database is reading 'Deactivated' in Xampp. Any suggestions?
colorful

Return to XAMPP for macOS