PHPBBx page not found problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHPBBx page not found problem

Postby zSz » 31. December 2007 15:03

Hello all,

i got a big problem and have no clue what it is.

I have installed XAMMP, then i installed PHPBB2.
if i try to visit my page on the same computer (localhost) everything works fine.
But when i try to connect to it from my other computer or from the internet it doens't work right.

i get alot of "page not found" sometimes it works but need to press refresh alot before i see something.
But thats not all, if i connect to it from the internet/LAN some text is also messed up.

The standart XAMMP page does work, but when i go to phpmyadmin it say the same damn message "page not found"
This is also only from LAN/internet local works just fine.

The weird things is sometimes when i press refresh i see the page for about 1 sec and then i see the page not found.
I also try't phpbb3 and there i got the same problem.

I try to connect started whit https, it works a bit beter then http but alot of things are missing and still some page not found pages.

Annyone knows this problem? i have realy no clue.

I run it on windows XP prof

thanks
zSz

Postby x-files » 01. January 2008 03:17

It looks like your Windows Firewall is On...
x-files

Postby zSz » 01. January 2008 17:33

No my windows firewall is off, also try't to turn of my other firewall but no sucses ether.
zSz

Postby x-files » 02. January 2008 05:23

When you get a 404, do you get any message along with the error message ?

If you do not mind, PM me the URL; I'll have a look, maybe I can find clues... :wink:
x-files

Postby zSz » 02. January 2008 15:34

No, but i have installed phpbb3 again, at least it works a bit beter.

But the pages like (new topic/reply/FAQ/and the admin panel) doesn't work right.

Same problem "page not found" sometimes it works if ya press reply/new topic and then press backspace (so one page back) then i see the page sometimes.
But the weird thing is that if i press refrsh alot i see the page flashing but then it comes again whit the page not found :S
So weird lol, have realy no clue.

I PM't the link to you so you could take a look.
thanks btw.
zSz

Return to XAMPP for Windows