can't open localhost or 127.0.0.1 in browser

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

can't open localhost or 127.0.0.1 in browser

Postby killswitx » 28. December 2007 16:07

I have installed xampp 1.6.5 and run apache and mysql. both running fine. but i can't open localhost or 127.0.0.1 in browser for configuration. i have installed it in c:\program files\xampp (believe this is not a problem) and running on win xp sp2.
thanks.
killswitx

Postby killswitx » 28. December 2007 16:39

i have used port check, and everything is free. since in readme is stated that it should be in root dir i have moved xampp to a C:\xampp folder and run xampp_setup.exe
still not working :/
killswitx

Postby KallistaAEnvarou » 29. December 2007 00:20

Are you sure you have xampp_start.exe running?
KallistaAEnvarou

Postby killswitx » 29. December 2007 17:00

well i double checked everything...when i did not have it running - when i went on the localhost in browser it automatically in about a second or two gived me an error of localhost unavailable, but when i got both apache and mysql running (xampp_start.exe or xampp_control.exe or wahtever else) it was all the time sending request to localhost...
killswitx

Postby KallistaAEnvarou » 30. December 2007 00:00

So...is it working now or not?
KallistaAEnvarou

Postby Izzy » 30. December 2007 00:23

(killswitx, I posted this for another member who had problems trying to connect to localhost while his browser was set to Work Offline and I hope it helps you - let me know if it does or if it does not).

It is not possible to connect to http://localhost if you have set your browser (any flavor except Opera 9) to Work Offline.

In your browser's File menu de-select Work Offline and you will find you should be able to connect to http://localhost again - http://localhost is not usually available to anyone from the Internet (online) so it can always be assumed that you are always off line anyway when trying to connect to localhost - 127.0.0.1.

===========================================
1. The new DeskTopXampp Launch Control for XAMPP / XAMPPlite
Posted by Ridgewood available from Ridgewood'sDTX web site

2. Build Rich AJAX Applications - Faster
TIBCO General Interface Pro Edition but FREE and Open Source
Fully working with NO donations required to get a user/password
===========================================
Izzy

Postby killswitx » 31. December 2007 17:05

ofcourse i am not working offline, why should i be, iam online all the time (i am using opera 9 but i tried it in other browsers too)?
and kalista yeah my post was about it's not working, otherwise i would write something else :)

but thanks guys, i think the problem is far more complicated and not in the xampp but in my computer somewhere...i just took the xampp and installed it on other computer without any problems, so i will go on it via network.
killswitx

Postby KallistaAEnvarou » 01. January 2008 13:05

No, I meant that I wasn't sure if you had gotten it to work or not.
KallistaAEnvarou

Return to XAMPP for Windows