Database Location

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Database Location

Postby Jaymie1989 » 09. December 2007 04:50

Hi,

I have created a database but to install phpBB i need to know the location how would i find that out?
Jaymie1989

Postby KallistaAEnvarou » 09. December 2007 05:40

KallistaAEnvarou

Re: Database Location

Postby Izzy » 09. December 2007 07:40

Jaymie1989 wrote:...I have created a database but to install phpBB i need to know the location how would i find that out?
More to the point is how did you create your database and which XAMPP database tool, if any, did you use to create this phpBB database?

All MySQL databases are stored in the xampp\mysql\data directory and will be contained in a sub directory who's directory name is the same as the database it contains.

BTW - All things related to phpBB and it's installation should be directed to their forums, not here on XAMPP:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/

===========================================
1. The new DeskTopXampp Launch Control for XAMPP / XAMPPlite
Posted by Ridgewood available from Ridgewood'sDTX web site

2. Build Rich AJAX Applications - Faster
TIBCO General Interface Pro Edition but FREE and Open Source
Fully working with NO donations required to get a user/password
===========================================
Izzy

Postby Jaymie1989 » 09. December 2007 11:21

Izzy wrote:
Jaymie1989 wrote:
BTW - All things related to phpBB and it's installation should be directed to their forums, not here on XAMPP:
http://www.phpbb.com/community/

I think this qualifies as XAMPP as i cannot find the database.

I created it in https://127.0.0.1/phpmyadmin/ under fill in Create new Database the database is called phpbb.

So where could i find the location of it as its not a url
Jaymie1989

Postby Scory » 09. December 2007 15:48

Jaymie1989 wrote:I have created a database but to install phpBB i need to know the location how would i find that out?

What makes you believe that you need to know the location of a database? This is *only* important for MySQL (and *nothing* else) and MySQL obviously knows where to put the data.

phpBB simply needs a valid database name(!) not a "location".

Regards
Scory
Scory

Postby LooseCannon » 11. December 2007 13:41

+1 on Scory's query. Why'd ya need to know the location?

I've only experience with VBulletin, but phpBB must come with an similar install script. Does it? If so, it asks for a database name? You've created an empty database called "phpbb", so it wants to know this.

Note that phpBB is in effect just a web site. It's coded so that is knows how to connect to a MySQL database, but initially doesn't know which database.
LooseCannon

Return to XAMPP for Windows