putting web folders in htdoc folder

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

putting web folders in htdoc folder

Postby nates02gt » 02. November 2007 09:32

how do you go about putting a web folder(folder with web pages in it) into the xampp htdocs folder. I always get an access denied when I put the folder in. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
nates02gt

Don't use the finder to copy files to your htdocs folder

Postby minordv8 » 29. August 2008 20:58

Or if you do, you'll need to set the permissions on the folder and files because when you copy folders/files it sets permissions as 655.

I suggest using Terminal.app and the command

scp -Evr [source] /Applications/xampp/htdocs/[target]
-johnny;j
minordv8

Postby jmdirc » 31. August 2008 02:34

And if you don't want to use the terminal:

go to the xamppfiles folder, to htdocs and right click or control click and go to Get Info -- scroll down to permissions and update them to you for read and write, you will need administrator privileges to do that. Also, check the folder you are dragging into the htdocs folder for what permissions are set there -- if you need to change those permissions make sure you click the button at the very bottom of the dialog box "Apply To Enclosed Items" also.

further reading:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2963?viewlocale=en_US
jmdirc

Re: putting web folders in htdoc folder

Postby leaschick » 11. May 2009 23:45

Thank you so much for your nice and easy to understand explination. But my problem is, that I do already have both read and writing rights and anyway I cant save changes in my config.inc.php fil to get my mysql server up and running?

I hope you can help me....
leaschick

Return to XAMPP for macOS