having problems with installing xampp 0.6.2 on my powerbook

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

having problems with installing xampp 0.6.2 on my powerbook

Postby dmxich » 25. July 2007 21:24

i use mac powerbook G4 working on mac os x 10.3.9. dowloaded xampp 0.6.2 from the site and tried instal it. but it could't. in terminal i write the command "tar xfvz xampp-macosx-0.6.2.tar.gz -c/ but it does't work. it writes cann't open null, command is incorrect. what's the problem??? help me pls.
hey, here we're)))
dmxich

Postby stuzog » 22. August 2007 18:34

Despite what the instructions say, the download for OS X is an installer package which you double-click and follow the instructions in the usual way (after unstuffing the original download, of course). It sets up xampp in its own directory in /Applications, with a very nice XAMPP Control Panel to start, stop or reload xampp or any of its services.

You may want to edit the httpd.config file in xampp/etc for your particular setup, perhaps your email address, although that's not necessary. *** Turn off Web Sharing in System Preferences first *** and then start xampp either with this Control Panel or in Terminal and everything should work.

Thanks to the Friends of Apache for this nice installer.
Stuart Hertzog
writing, editing, Internet

<stuart@stuzog.com>
<http://greenpolitics.ca>
stuzog

Does XAMPP work with Power PC G4?

Postby ohana » 02. September 2007 07:59

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.10 Power PC G4. I have seen posts that power PC is not supported? I downloaded and installed XAMPP 0.6.3. The control panel opens, but when I try to start all components, this is the error I get. Please help!

Starting XAMPP for MacOS X 0.6.3...
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/share/xampp/phpstatus: line 4: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/php: cannot execute binary file
XAMPP: Starting Apache with SSL ...
XAMPP: Error 126! Couldn't start Apache!
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/mysql.server: line 1: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/my_print_defaults: cannot execute binary file
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/mysql.server: line 1: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/my_print_defaults: cannot execute binary file
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/mampp: line 224: /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/sbin/proftpd: cannot execute binary file
XAMPP: Error 126! Couln't start ProFTPD!
XAMPP for MacOS X started.
/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/bin/mysql.server: line 159: kill: (1662) - No such process
ohana

Postby threewishmonkeypaw » 13. October 2007 01:09

you need one older version of xampp for run on ppc macs.. that one is only for intel macs i think.
threewishmonkeypaw

Postby nateritter » 29. April 2008 23:57

The error with line 159 on it is usually because you have a previous MySQL instance running. You need to kill that before Xampp will work properly.

This does the trick in a brute force kinda way:
Code: Select all
sudo killall mysqld
nateritter

Re: Does XAMPP work with Power PC G4?

Postby jmdirc » 01. May 2008 03:34

ooops - anyone happen to notice the date on the first post - hmm.
jmdirc

Return to XAMPP for macOS