Php/MySql enabled website for closed hard-wired network

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Php/MySql enabled website for closed hard-wired network

Postby kahey » 10. October 2007 12:32

Hi everyone!

While learning Php/mysql I've chosen to use a pc running xpro (sp2) and xampp on my local network to host the websites i create as i learn.

xampp is installed and passes all of its own self checks with success. All of xampp's components are functioning and accessible from any pc on the local network.

As far as I can tell I have no problems other than inexperience.

Xampp Installation type: default
Xampp install directory: d:/xampp
Host IP: 10.0.0.8 & 10.0.0.3 (bridged WiFi and Ethernet)

The following questions pertain to hosting websites for LAN access only:

1/. What directory do I place my website files in so the other pc's on my network have http/browser access to them as a website?

2/. What files do I need to edit to direct localhost to the website?

3/. How do I do this for multiple websites hosted on this machine?

4/. Can I customize the directories for each website hosted including the directories for the sql databases?

Example:
  • d:\website1\php\index.php & d:\website1\mysql\website1.sql
  • d:\website2\php\index.php & d:\website2\mysql\website2.sql

I have imported a mysql database successfully and transferred the php files from the original website (including classes) yet when i try to access http://10.0.0.8/website1/index.php it returns the following error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'EDITED'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in D:\xampp\htdocs\website1\class\class_db_mysql.php on line 46
FATAL ERROR: Could not connect to database on localhost (Access denied for user 'agumon'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
Last edited by kahey on 11. October 2007 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone starts out knowing nothing and obtains knowledge thru experience and tenacity ...a little support goes a long way tho ;)
kahey

Postby kahey » 11. October 2007 22:58

Was my request more difficult to answer than the ones posted and answered after mine?
Everyone starts out knowing nothing and obtains knowledge thru experience and tenacity ...a little support goes a long way tho ;)
kahey

Postby kahey » 14. October 2007 07:08

thanks for the help.

yes i am being polite.
kahey

Return to XAMPP for Windows