starting xampp 0.8.2 with another Apache

Problems with the Solaris version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

starting xampp 0.8.2 with another Apache

Postby gregben » 21. September 2007 07:10

Hallo,

I am running Solaris 8 on Sparc. I already have Apache 1.3.37/PHP 4.4.7 running on port 80. I have an Oracle service running on port 8080. I do not want to shut down or disturb the existing apache/PHP.

I start xampp like this:

Code: Select all
# /opt/xampp/xampp start
Starting XAMPP for Solaris 0.8.2...
XAMPP: An Apache daemon is already running.
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP:  - no such user 'nobody'
 - Fatal: User: Unknown user 'nobody' on line 25 of '/opt/xampp/etc/proftpd.conf'
XAMPP: Error 1! Couln't start ProFTPD!
XAMPP for Solaris started.

Note: I edited /opt/xampp/httpd.conf to change the port to 8088.

The comment "An Apache daemon is already running." is true, but it seems to be preventing xampp from starting it's own copy of apache. How do I set things up so that I can run both my old apache and the one in xampp at the same time? :?
gregben

Postby pawill79 » 22. September 2007 17:15

I think the problem is with your initial xampp startup script. You will need to edit around line 110 (xampp_apacheport=80) to xampp_apacheport=8088.

That way the startup script in /opt/xampp/xampp will look to see if that port is available rather than looking for the default port 80
pawill79

Postby gregben » 23. September 2007 03:12

pawill79 wrote:I think the problem is with your initial xampp startup script. You will need to edit around line 110 (xampp_apacheport=80) to xampp_apacheport=8088.

That way the startup script in /opt/xampp/xampp will look to see if that port is available rather than looking for the default port 80

This worked, thank you. :D It turned out the xampp_apacheport=80 statement was on line 24, not line 110, but that is a very minor issue.
gregben

Return to XAMPP for Solaris