Local access from multiple PC's

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Local access from multiple PC's

Postby jeffnicholson » 16. September 2007 12:18

Hi,

I am extremly new at this and I have what is I hope to be a basic question.

I have install XAMPP and I can access it fine from the PC it is installed on. How do I access the web pages from another PC which is on my local network though.

Thanks
Jeff
jeffnicholson

Postby Wiedmann » 16. September 2007 12:29

How do I access the web pages from another PC which is on my local network though.

With the IP address or hostname of your pc (see "ipconfig /all") instead of "localhost" (or "127.0.0.1").
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Jsel » 18. September 2007 09:11

I to have this problem, I can access the first page on the server from my network PC using the IP address of the server, however when I click a link to go to another page, the address changes back to /localhost/..... which of course the network PC cannot locate.
I am sure there must be an easy way over this, but as a newcomer to Apache can someone please point me in the right direction
thanks
Jsel
Jsel

Postby Wiedmann » 18. September 2007 10:14

however when I click a link to go to another page, the address changes back to /localhost/.....

Then I guess your HTML code is wrong. (the link tag in the source code is written with a full URI, starting with "http://localhost/...")
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Jsel » 18. September 2007 11:17

Thanks for that, absolutely right. The problem is with the website on the server, which is in joomla, and joomla seems to insert the full path length for everything. Have to think how to solve that one
John
Jsel

Return to XAMPP for Windows