It works...then one day it does not work...

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

It works...then one day it does not work...

Postby mjjordy » 03. April 2007 03:34

hi -

hoping someone can help me on this one. i have the newest xampp installed on my macbook pro running 10.4.9. i have read all the posts regarding the correct way to install xampp and have done so. the program works fine for a while (maybe one to two weeks) then one day when i try to start it up i get the following error -

XAMPP:[1mError 1! Couldn't start Apache![m

the apachestart.log has the following message -

httpd: Syntax error on line 233 of /Applications/xampp/etc/httpd.conf: Cannot load /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/modules/mod_access.so into server: cannot create object file image or add library

any ideas on why this is happening, how to fix it, and how to prevent it?

thanks in advance.

mark
mjjordy

Postby stupod » 13. May 2007 23:53

I'm having the same problem, but it's happening right from the start. I've only had a Mac Pro for a few weeks and I just installed Xampp. Every time I start it in terminal I get:
Starting XAMPP for MacOS X 0.6.1...
XAMPP: Starting Apache with SSL (and PHP5)...
XAMPP: Error 1! Couldn't start Apache!
XAMPP: Starting MySQL...
XAMPP: Starting ProFTPD...
XAMPP: - IPv4 getaddrinfo '**my ip**' error: No address associated with nodename
- warning: unable to determine IP address of '**my ip**'
- error: no valid servers configured
- Fatal: error processing configuration file '/Applications/xampp/etc/proftpd.conf'
XAMPP: Error 1! Couln't start ProFTPD!
XAMPP for MacOS X started.

I suppose I'll go back to using Windows for serving locally. Can't wait for that!
stupod

strange solution

Postby kritzikratzi » 27. August 2007 07:24

hey!

i had that exact same error and found out that the problem has to do with the network settings.

i know it's horrible, but for it works to disconnect my network, start apache and then reconnect.

hope that helps for you too,
hansi.
kritzikratzi

Return to XAMPP for macOS