Double installation of XAMPP on the same machine

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Double installation of XAMPP on the same machine

Postby breezey » 21. August 2007 23:40

I have XAMPP install on my PC which I installed using the installer (xampp-win32-1.6.3a-installer.exe). It is running fine. Now I need to install XAMPP on USB stick that will run on my notebook and also I need it to run on my PC as well. I downloaded the xampp-win32-1.6.3a.zip and extract it on my USB stick. But I have not been able to run it on my PC which already has one instance of XAMPP. When I run the xampp-control panel I got "Warning: Directory mismatch"
Current Directory: E:\lampp
Install Directory: c:\xampp

I am wondering if I can have two instances of xampp on the same machine. If so, what's the trick?

Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.
breezey

Postby Wiedmann » 22. August 2007 00:17

When I run the xampp-control panel I got "Warning: Directory mismatch"

Don't use the control panel to start the second XAMPP.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Alternative Porting

Postby ridgewood » 22. August 2007 15:12

You can find an alternative launcher and set of instructions at: http://zedfiles.com/DTX/ to set up your USB XAMPP so that you can run it AND your main installation at the same time.

The DTX-Controller was developed by Nat32 (who did the xampp-control panel) for portable applications. It can also be used to run multiple sessions of XAMPP on the same machine.

Please send us feedback on the clarity of the documentation and the usefulness of the launcher. Others on the board have found it to be of value.
ridgewood

Return to XAMPP for Windows