hello.php

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

hello.php

Postby arjita » 17. July 2007 20:40

Hi

I Have been struggling with my first php program ..Hello.php..I saved it in htdocs..But it still gives an error object not found.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Arjita
arjita

Re: hello.php

Postby Eric Pement » 18. July 2007 02:11

arjita wrote:I Have been struggling with my first php program ..Hello.php..I saved it in htdocs..But it still gives an error object not found.

That means most likely either (a) the path name is not correct in your browser or (b) the filename is not what you think it is.

From the Windows desktop, click on "My Computer" and then click on:

Tools > Folder Options > View

and uncheck "Hide extensions for known filetypes" and check "Display full path in the title bar". Then use Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) to navigate back to that "Hello.php" file you were editing and see if it might not have a filename like "Hello.php.txt" or something else strange.

The location bar of your browser should say "http://localhost/Hello.php" (take note to use forward slashes "//" instead of backslashes "\" here), and the file "Hello.php" should be located in "c:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs"

Just some suggestions.
Eric Pement - pemente [at] northpark [dot] edu
Eric Pement

Postby arjita » 18. July 2007 04:31

Thanks for your response.

But before reading this i uninstalled apache etc ..and then installed it again.And it's working now!

You will find me posting a lot of doubts here though :?

Thanks again
arjita

Postby jtp866 » 19. July 2007 11:46

post your php code
jtp866

Postby ldivinag » 22. July 2007 12:50

wait...

is xampp running correctly?

ie, if you

Code: Select all
http://localhost

you get the xampp "home" page????