XAMPP CGI Problem

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP CGI Problem

Postby mikecooper » 18. July 2007 15:41

I previously had XAMPP installed on a Macintosh Server and was run an open source calendar program. I am now installing on a Windows 2003 server and XAMPP is installed and I am getting to the web pages fine. When I installed the calendar program it tells me that it can't communicate with the CGI.

I also have a commercial purcahsed product that says it can't establish connection with child, check permission or cgi connectivity.

Any idea where to look to solve.
mikecooper

Re: XAMPP CGI Problem

Postby Eric Pement » 21. July 2007 03:34

mikecooper wrote:I previously had XAMPP installed on a Macintosh Server and was run an open source calendar program. I am now installing on a Windows 2003 server and XAMPP is installed and I am getting to the web pages fine. When I installed the calendar program it tells me that it can't communicate with the CGI.

I also have a commercial purcahsed product that says it can't establish connection with child, check permission or cgi connectivity.

Any idea where to look to solve.

Is the path to perl correct?

Try putting in a very simple CGI script to see if it runs:

Code: Select all
#!c:/perl/bin/perl.exe
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
use CGI;
my $q = new CGI;
print $q->header, $q->start_html('OK'), $q->h1('Hello!!'), $q->end_html;

If this doesn't work, something is wrong with the path to Perl, or perhaps you do not have the .cgi filetype set to execute properly.
Eric Pement - pemente [at] northpark [dot] edu
Eric Pement

Return to XAMPP for Windows