imagecreatefromjpeg failure

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

imagecreatefromjpeg failure

Postby kyletreubig » 11. June 2007 21:08

I am attempting to create an image upload page with a resizing function that implements the following php functions:

Code: Select all
imagecreatefromgif($file)
imagecreatefromjpg($file)
imagecreatefrompng($file)

and neither one of them will work. I have tested with images of all three extensions and of various sources (cameras, image programs/from scratch, etc.) and still I get nothing.

What I find ironic is that it works with the XAMPPlite portable app version on my thumb drive, but not on the full XAMPP distro that I have just recently installed on my computer.

I know there are many threads about this in the German sections, but my German is a tad bit rusty and thusly, very time-consuming.

I would appreciate any solutions to this problem, and if there is a good German topic that has the solution, I would accept that as well.

thanks
kyletreubig

Postby Wiedmann » 11. June 2007 22:41

and neither one of them will work.

Why not?
- error message? (with error_reporting = E_ALL)
- what (not) happens?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby kyletreubig » 11. June 2007 22:44

I do not receive any error messages of any kind. Is there a way to "turn on" error messages?
I inserted my own debugging lines, and execution of the PHP code stops as soon as the createfromimagejpg function is called. Everything (the code) after that point is discarded.
kyletreubig

Postby Wiedmann » 11. June 2007 23:21

Is there a way to "turn on" error messages?

For example:
http://de.php.net/manual/en/function.er ... orting.php
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby kyletreubig » 12. June 2007 04:15

Alright. I checked the error log and I found this error that occurs:

Code: Select all
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg() in C:\\xampp\\htdocs\\photo_album\\photo_album_script\\photo_album_create.php on line 35, referer: http://localhost/photo_album/index.php?action=create
kyletreubig

Postby Wiedmann » 12. June 2007 08:58

Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromjpeg()

The GD extension is not enabled in the "php.ini". (verify this with phpinfo())
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby kyletreubig » 12. June 2007 16:01

I have checked in the php.ini file and the extension is enabled (it is not commented out with a semicolon).

I looked at the phpinfo() page provided by the XAMPP home page, and I do not see anything under the additional modules section.

I've also run the php switch script, and I do not see any of the dll extensions being loaded (I don't know if I should be seeing anything, the modules for each PHP are loaded though).

Thanks for your help and patience so far.
kyletreubig

Postby Wiedmann » 12. June 2007 16:04

I have checked in the php.ini file and the extension is enabled

Which "php.ini" does your PHP use? (verify this with phpinfo())
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby kyletreubig » 12. June 2007 19:31

It seems that the PHP that I had installed on my computer to run with Apache 2.2.4 (even though the Apache module was not running) was interfering with the PHP of XAMPP. I have uninstalled the unused servers and modules and now XAMPP is working as it should (my upload/resize page works).

Thanks for your help.
kyletreubig

Return to XAMPP for Windows