XAMPP SECURITY

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP SECURITY

Postby Davren » 19. April 2007 01:22

Hello,
I am having problems with my xampp web control panel for the security section. The page takes about 1 minute to load and the page seems to be only half loaded. Also i see no link to change the mysql password or the htaccess password. Has anyone got any ideas what is up with it?
Davren

Same Problem Here

Postby drudden » 09. June 2007 16:54

I am having the exact same issue.

All pages load fine, except for the security page. The main security page takes a long time to load and states "Please continue reading after the table", but there is nothing after the table. Also, I try reaching the security/security.php page to set my passwords, but this page never loads.

I am trying to run XAMPP on Windows Vista 64-bit, and I use a Trend Micro PC-cillin firewall. I'm not sure if perhaps there are settings I need to update in either of these.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?
drudden

Postby Codesmith » 09. June 2007 18:35

I had the same problem on Vista, but only with the latest XAMPP.

I was doing to use a debugger to find exactly where the program is getting stuck, but before I could something I changed fixed it.

It might help to use the zip version and change the permissions on the XAMPP folder to everyone.
Codesmith

xampp security

Postby doctordruids » 09. June 2007 20:49

I am a total noob and I have just succesfully installed xampp and have read up on the setup on the main page, the only problem is I have no idea how to access the security panel.

I tried accessing this via the link mentioned http://127.0.0.1/security but I get nothing. Firefox just says Loading, but nothing loads even after waiting for 10 minutes.

same goes for apache admin, it won't load either even though the servie is running.
doctordruids

Return to XAMPP for Windows