mySQL: The field count is empty!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

mySQL: The field count is empty!

Postby kmcvey » 02. June 2007 11:43

Hi

I have FINALLY got xampp up and running and all was working okay. I was able to create a database then a couple of tables, however, when I tried to enter another table whenever I added the table name and number of fields I would get the above error.

I have tried uninstalling it then reinstalling. I can now create databases but get the above error when it comes to tables.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Karen
kmcvey

Postby Codesmith » 02. June 2007 18:22

Are you manually typing SQL commands at the command prompt?

If so try creating your tables through PHPMyAdmin. Not only does this provide a GUI, but it also shows you the SQL it sent, so you can compare it with what you were trying.

If PHPMyAdmin isn't working then at least you have ruled out syntax error as the culprit.
Codesmith

Postby kmcvey » 02. June 2007 18:27

Thanks but I am using myphpadmin and it doesnt seem to accept that Im entering the number of fields.
kmcvey

Postby Codesmith » 02. June 2007 19:36

Can you post the actually SQL that phpmyadmin is trying to execute?

Are you by any chance trying to create an empty table then define the fields latter?

What version of XAMPP are you using and did you do anything unusual during the install/configuration?
Codesmith

Postby larry » 08. June 2007 19:30

I am also having this problem. I was following the tutorial: INSTALLING, CONFIGURING, AND DEVELOPING WITH XAMPP
by Dalibor D. Dvorski, March 2007. I copied the phpMyAdmin folder to the htdoc folder and other than that, nothing unusual. when creating the colleauge table and try and enter a numeric value for the field count, I get:
Error
MySQL said:

The field count is empty!

I am using phpMyAdmin version 2.10.1

Thanks.
larry

Postby Codesmith » 09. June 2007 18:30

All versions of XAMPP, I just installed, set the mysql password and used the installed version of phpmyadmin with that password no problem.

Googling for phpmyadmin and fiend count it empty shows other people with the same problem, with various solutions.
Codesmith

Return to XAMPP for Windows