HELP/Hilfe! - failed to open stream: Permission denied

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELP/Hilfe! - failed to open stream: Permission denied

Postby hfeurstein » 29. April 2007 14:04

I just installed XAMPP on my Mac (which I am new too) and when testing the URL: http://localhost I received the message below - someone please help and tell me what to do! Thank you!

Warning: fopen(lang.tmp) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 2

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 3

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 4

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php:2) in /Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/htdocs/xampp/lang.php on line 5
hfeurstein

Postby kubaba » 10. May 2007 18:21

I found that lang.php is trying to write to lang.tmp and lang.tmp did not have permissions set for write.

Applications/xampp/xampfiles/htdocs/xampp

I set:

Owner as the 'Administrator Name'; read and write
Group as Network; read and write
Others; read and write (Some people might not like this one, but this may not be needed)

on the file lang.tmp
kubaba

Postby kubaba » 10. May 2007 20:03

IF you install according to the directions (using the terminal) the permissions will be correct, and you will avoid other problems too. It worked for me on OS 10.4 server (Intel).

Don't use Safari to download the tar, you will have other problems...Firefox will work.
kubaba

Postby ekke » 24. May 2007 20:10

As kubaba said, install it via terminal, there you change the user to root, which is more then admin ;-)

then you don't have any problems with user rights.

Greetings, ekke
ekke

Return to XAMPP for macOS