oracle connection with php

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

oracle connection with php

Postby hunan » 25. August 2003 20:51

Hi friends, I don't understand german so I would be really pleased if anyone could answer my question in english or spanish...
I see that XAMPP is really useful because you don't need to configure almost anything in order to develop things with freeware software.
I'm a junior developer and I want to start to work with xampp (I'll have to learn german before :wink: )
The problem that now I'm facing is that I want to make a connection to an oracle database and despite I've configured oci8 (I can see that trough phpinfo()) when I try some oracle connection with ora_logon the web page shows me :
Call to undefined function: ora_logon()
I guess I've done that in the wrong way, I've just uncommented the line in the php.ini
extension=php_oci8.dll
and restart the apache.
Can anyone explain me what I'm doing wrong?
My OS is win NT
hunan

Postby Oswald » 26. August 2003 10:36

Dear Hunan!

There are two ways of Oracle support in PHP: the "OCI8 extension" and the "Oracle extension".

By changing the extension-line you activated the OCI8 Oracle support. But the ora_logon() function is not a "OCI8 extension" command but a "Oracle extenstion" command.

If you want to use the ora_logon() function you've to comment out the following line in your php.ini:

extension=php_oracle.dll

But I think it's better if you don't use the "Oracle extension". The OCI8 extension is a much better choice: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oci8.php

Many greetings from Germany,
Oswald
Oswald
Apache Friends

Operating System: Linux

Return to XAMPP for Windows