AUTOMATIC PORT SWITCHING

Was sollte alles noch in XAMPP rein? Was kommt definitiv bald? Was kommt so bald wie möglich, dauert nur noch etwas? Was kommt wahrscheinlich nicht rein?

AUTOMATIC PORT SWITCHING

Postby Jolynn » 13. April 2014 05:38

In light of the fact that all developers are constantly running into PORT problems that keep us from working. I was thinking why can't the put in some code that says to XAMPP hey this port is busy, but wait a moment I will find a new one. Or add a screen that pops up and says this PORT is busy PLEASE select one of the following PORTS to enable the server.

I have had problems with APACHE working for a few days and then all of the sudden it says I have a PORT problem. I've removed XAMPP from my system and then reinstalled it and still have the same problems.

Port 80 in use by "Unable to open process" with PID 4!
Apache WILL NOT start without the configured ports free!
You need to uninstall/disable/reconfigure the blocking application
or reconfigure Apache and the Control Panel to listen on a different port

Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly. This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies, improper privileges, a crash, or a shutdown by another method. Press the LOGS BUTTON to view error logs and check the Windows Event Viewer for more clues. If you need more help, copy and post this entire log window on the forums.

There are no ERROR logs

Changing the server port should be simple for users. I have tried numerous things that were posted and nothing worked. I even tried as I said re-installing the software.

I need to work. I am on a WINDOWS 8.1 OS, I am using the Windows 32bit version XAMPP Control Panel states v3.2.1 [Compiled: May 7th 2013].

I don't have an image of it but at one point it said that . . . . live.exe . . . was using the port??? Could this be the instant access to our e-mail in Windows 8.1 interfering?

Well that is why I am hoping for AUTOMATIC PORT SWITCHING where it uses its logic and finds a port to deal with so we can work on things.

Thank you
Jolynn Y.
Jolynn

Operating System: Windows 8.1

Return to XAMPP-Wunschzettel