XAMPP with mariadb>=10.2.1, for sql CHECK constraint?

Alles, was MariaDB und MySQL betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

XAMPP with mariadb>=10.2.1, for sql CHECK constraint?

Postby ThanosApostolou » 05. January 2018 18:27

My team is using XAMPP for a university project. We use all operating systems (linux myself, 1 guy windows and 1 guy mac). We really need to use the sql CHECK constraint (since it's been taught and has been recommended in our university course) but it seems that it's not supported by MariaDB until version 10.2.1. Unfortunately, latest xampp comes with version 10.1.29 and the CHECK constraints do not work. Is there any version of xampp with mariadb 10.2.x (even beta or alpha)? Or is there any easy way to include a newer mariadb like 10.2.12 in xampp folder (I need this to be easily achievable with all Operating Systems)? I tried to make Xampp my native Ubuntu mysql-server but it creates a lot of user and permission errors and it seems kinda hard to make everything (phpmyadmin, etc...) work smoothly.
ThanosApostolou

XAMPP version: 7.2
Operating System: linux (ubuntu and solus)

Re: XAMPP with mariadb>=10.2.1, for sql CHECK constraint?

Postby Nobbie » 06. January 2018 11:38

ThanosApostolou wrote:Or is there any easy way to include a newer mariadb like 10.2.12 in xampp folder (I need this to be easily achievable with all Operating Systems)? .

No. You cannot replace anything inside the Xampp folder. But you can replace MySQL/MariaDB at runtime, that means, simply install that MariaDB you need and at runtime do NOT start Xampps MariaDB, instead start the server of your installation. As PHP and MySQL/MariaDB communicate via TCPIP (usually localhost and Port 3306) there is nothing to be done, that should work out of the box.

Even PhpMyAdmin from Xampp may be used, but keep in mind, that the database is NOT Xampps database, it is the database of your own installation. You might have to adapt the UserID and password in config,ini.php (Xampp comes with default User "root" and no password).
Nobbie

Return to MariaDB - MySQL