Query syntax on Xampp does not work on typical Linux MySQL

Alles, was MariaDB und MySQL betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Query syntax on Xampp does not work on typical Linux MySQL

Postby letinsh » 07. September 2017 20:21

Hi!

Have anybody experienced the situation when query, insert, update syntax used when developed app under Xampp - does not work if you put the app on newly installed Ubundtu server. Browser shows enormos errors and actually app does not work because query syntax does not work.
I installed Xamp on VM- put the app there - everything works, moved it to regular server - does not...
After analysis it is obvious that MySQL on Xampp is somehow configured in a way which is different from typical Ubuntu installation.
Any suggestion how to handle this - what those special settings? or need to rewrite all queries, inserts and updates to run app on typical server.

Simple example insert in DB when you define only values for 2 fields where there are 4 fields in DB - works in Xampp, but under typical Linux MySQL does not, you have to define values for all 4 fields - then it works... Also Group by under Xampp works if the aggregating function defined on 4 fields, but group by only by one field - under Xampp works perfectly under Ubuntu - does not. I understand that syntax used under Xampp is not ISO standard query, but it works... where it does not under typical server.

Thank you for thoughts and suggestions.
I have XAMPP 7.1.8 under Windows and Mac.
letinsh

XAMPP version: 7.1.8
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Query syntax on Xampp does not work on typical Linux MyS

Postby letinsh » 07. September 2017 21:51

Is it because XAMPP have MariaDB but standard Ubuntu MySQL?
Would that be the reason. So installing MariaDB on Ubuntu would solve the problem?
letinsh

XAMPP version: 7.1.8
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Query syntax on Xampp does not work on typical Linux MyS

Postby Nobbie » 08. September 2017 09:33

I think its all a question of my.cnf or of command line options that are passed to mysqld on startup. See https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html for all the different behaviour and last not least procede to an Ubuntu forum, as you want to change the behaviour of Ubuntu and not the behaviour of Xampp.
Nobbie

Return to MariaDB - MySQL