An apache alternative for FTP? like php with upload forms, d

Alles, was PHP betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

An apache alternative for FTP? like php with upload forms, d

Postby Znote » 21. October 2009 10:17

I am looking for a system that I can host on my webserver where I login to a user, and that user will gain access to a folder on the server.

On that folder they can upload files like index.php, delete files, directory list and such things.

So its an "ftp" solution over apache, so I can easy give access to a friend and let him host his files on my server.

I already got apache and sql and such things up, but I cant find a good solution. Got any suggestions for me?

I don't want to use a regular FTP server like FileZilla because the webspace blocks regular FTP on the hardware firewall or something.
Znote

Re: An apache alternative for FTP? like php with upload forms, d

Postby Izzy » 21. October 2009 10:33

Stephan, see if there are any free scripts that match your needs in the links below.

http://www.scriptdungeon.com/php_scripts.php
(Category File Management perhaps)

http://www.hotscripts.com/category/php/ ... -programs/
(Category File Manipulation perhaps)

Good luck.
Izzy

Postby Znote » 21. October 2009 10:48

I also found something like this:
http://www.web-ftp.org/

Which seem rather interesting. However I haven't had time to check it out properly yet.

Keep coming with suggestions!

To get things clear, I want a FTP solution, but it uses the HTTP protocol instead of FTP protocol.
Znote

Postby Nobbie » 21. October 2009 12:18

Znote wrote:To get things clear, I want a FTP solution, but it uses the HTTP protocol instead of FTP protocol.

Hä??

You want a white car which is black? FTP is FTP and HTTP is HTTP. These are different protocolls and you cannot have "FTP over HTTP" or something else. You may have a HTML based FTP Client (like web-ftp.org), which interacts with the user via HTTP, but this is still a FTP client which as well needs a full feachered FTP server remotely. If you cannot install a FTP server, you cannot offer FTP anyway.

What you need is a kind of "HTTP File Explorer", maybe PHP Explorer fits your needs (simply Google for "PHP Explorer"). But there is no FTP involved, its a full and only HTTP solution.
Nobbie

Postby Znote » 21. October 2009 13:44

Well there should be able to get a loginportal on a netside? Just like on this forum where you need to login to your user, just without any "register" button so the admin have to create the users.

And if you are not logged in you should not get access to special places.

There should be able to make a problem that lists all files in a directory(folder) and shows it to the user who surf the website.

There should be able to create a "upload form" where you can upload images to the folder. Take example rapidshare.com, or the attachment system on vbulletin forums. (might even this forum). Or example the profile picture upload form, something similar to that but you can upload all kinds of files or at least web based files like html and php and css and such files.

There should be possible to make so you can download those files as well.

Also command a script to delete a file on that directory.

This is basically what I want. A recreated "Filezilla FTP server" Just over HTTP protocol instead of FTP protocol.

A white car which is black? No your under the same category here. What I want is a car which can fly. Which is possible with our smart enough brains. :)
Znote

Postby Izzy » 22. October 2009 08:46

Did you check out the 2 links I provided that contain hundreds of suitable php scripts?

All you need to do is read the descriptions then download, install and test those that will maybe fit your needs and when you decide on the best suited, delete the chaff.

It doesn't get much easier than that.
Izzy

Postby Znote » 27. October 2009 12:10

Nope, your right. Thank you so much! :)
Znote

Return to PHP