How many space do i have to use POST?

Alles, was PHP betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

How many space do i have to use POST?

Postby VEINTYUNICO » 29. September 2009 11:45

I'm sorry to bother, maybe this question doesn't belong to this area. Im making an administrative software on PHP, for real state agencies. And my question is, how many space do i have for using $_POST?. i'm using Apache on a XAMPP server. And I check this in "php.ini": "post_max_size = 16M"
Is that mean that i have 16 Mb and thats it? There is a way to clear the memmory or eleminate all the unnecesary variables that i declare in $_POST and the soft doesnt need any more, until is needed again. Or there is a way to know how many of that space i'm using.
All the $_POST i declare are only strings, 8 characters long at maximum, simetimes an INT.

Tanks.
VEINTYUNICO

Re: How many space do i have to use POST?

Postby Nobbie » 29. September 2009 11:53

Funny question.

post_max_size does not mean any variable size, it only limits the TRAFFIC between the browser and the Server. In your case, 16MB is the maximum amount of bytes, which can be "post"ed from a FORM to the Server.

Usually only FORMs with file uploads (<input type="file" ...>) exceeds the post_max_size.
Nobbie

Postby VEINTYUNICO » 30. September 2009 00:06

Nobbie wrote:Funny question.

post_max_size does not mean any variable size, it only limits the TRAFFIC between the browser and the Server. In your case, 16MB is the maximum amount of bytes, which can be "post"ed from a FORM to the Server.

Usually only FORMs with file uploads (<input type="file" ...>) exceeds the post_max_size.

So, if the program that i making will be multiuser, that means that 16 Mb will be the limit for each user (browser)?

Thanks!
VEINTYUNICO

Postby Nobbie » 30. September 2009 11:28

VEINTYUNICO wrote:So, if the program that i making will be multiuser

Which "program" do you mean and what is a "multiuser" program?
Nobbie

Postby VEINTYUNICO » 30. September 2009 23:44

i mean the site im making. is an administrative soft for real state agencies, on PHP. and for multi user i mean that it will be more than one session.
VEINTYUNICO

Postby Nobbie » 01. October 2009 09:37

And?

The traffic limited by post_max_size is the traffic of ONE FORM at ONE TIME after submitting to ONE SERVER. No users, no sessions, only a sender (a FORM) and a receiver (a PHP Script).

Why dont you read any documentation? And most important: WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? Is there any problem? Any error message?
Nobbie

Postby VEINTYUNICO » 01. October 2009 23:15

No error, noi problems. I was worried about that. By the way, can you tell how exactly you born knowing all this things!? Cause the way you treat people when you are "trying" to help, its really pedantic.

Thanks.
VEINTYUNICO

Postby Nobbie » 02. October 2009 10:20

VEINTYUNICO wrote:By the way, can you tell how exactly you born knowing all this things!?

No, I was not born knowing all these things. But I am used to read documentation (it is written therefore).

VEINTYUNICO wrote:Cause the way you treat people when you are "trying" to help, its really pedantic.

If you dont like my answers, dont read them!
Nobbie

Postby deeaamon » 02. October 2009 18:10

Hey Nobbie,

What if I send a lot of information from a form, I have a really large form with a crap load of fields and data, but all of the data is not sent to my scripts.

I up the limit of my post_max_size to 512M and my upload limits are set to -1 for unlimited. It sends a lot of the variables to my scripts but half of them are missing. Is this a problem in Apache2. I read through the manuals but can't find a setting for this. I am really really new at apache2 but not php. It seems my problem is coming from apache.

Do you think you could help me :)

Thanks in advance.
deeaamon

Postby Nobbie » 02. October 2009 21:39

deeaamon wrote:I have a really large form with a crap load of fields and data, but all of the data is not sent to my scripts.

Do you have a million of fields (I dont think so)?

deeaamon wrote:Do you think you could help me :)

It depends. As long as i dont see any code, I cannot help: no code, no help.
Nobbie

Return to PHP