Why Xampp is giving php_error_log?

Alles, was PHP betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Why Xampp is giving php_error_log?

Postby saleenajohn » 02. July 2021 08:07

Hello Everyone, From the XAMPP control panel if for Apache I click [Logs] and select PHP (php_error_log) notepad opens saying it can't find the log file. I am sure this used to work, and am a bit puzzled by the name php_error_log, why not php_error.log.

I have tried changing php.ini by setting error_log = C:\xampp\apache\logs\php_error.log but it has not made a difference.

I would be happy to just go back to the default behavior of php logging to the apache error.log and not get an error on clicking the php_error_log.

BUT ideally I would like php errors to go to php_error.log with the control panel being able to find the log.

Thanks in Advance
Regards: Saleena
saleenajohn

XAMPP version: XAMPP-VM / PHP 7.4.20
Operating System: Window 10 64x

Re: Why Xampp is giving php_error_log?

Postby WnSian89 » 09. July 2021 07:49

saleenajohn wrote:Hello Everyone, From the XAMPP control panel if for Apache I click [Logs] and select PHP (php_error_log) notepad opens saying it can't find the log file. I am sure this used to work, and am a bit puzzled by the name php_error_log, why not php_error.log.

I have tried changing php.ini by setting error_log = C:\xampp\apache\logs\php_error.log but it has not made a difference.

I would be happy to just go back to the default behavior of php logging to the apache error.log and not get an error on clicking the php_error_log.

BUT ideally I would like php errors to go to php_error.log with the control panel being able to find the log.

Thanks in Advance
Regards: Saleena

have you try for only for error.log in (phpinfo()) ?
WnSian89

XAMPP version: 7.3.28
Operating System: Windows 10

Return to PHP