Apache 2.4 F5 Load Balancer Issue

Alles, was den Apache betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Apache 2.4 F5 Load Balancer Issue

Postby fdp077 » 06. June 2017 16:23

Greetings,

I have an issue where I have 3 app servers sitting behind a load balancer. For this scenario, let's just say there is 1 active server though. I'm able to log into the Application on this server through the VIP URL or the Direct Server's URL. This application communicates with a Dialer Server, or just another 3rd party application server. When it attempts to make the connection to the 3rd party server, it is able to make the connection.

However, when the 3rd party server attempts to talk back to the original app server, we're getting an error in our app log, saying it can't connect back to IP 10.0.0.0(or whatever IP), but this IP is the IP of the F5 Load Balancer. So it's pinging back to the F5 and not the app server which made the request.

I'm not an Apache expert, and have been given some guidance by our app Vendor. They don't fully support what we're doing, but they said it can be done. They mentioned X-Forwarded-For Headers and modifying the http.conf file to pass through the "client" IP, instead of the F5's IP.

I've read some documentation, but not clear to me exactly how this can be done. Any help would be appreciated! Let me know if I can provide any more information to be helpful.
fdp077

XAMPP version: Apache 2.4
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Re: Apache 2.4 F5 Load Balancer Issue

Postby Nobbie » 06. June 2017 22:33

Thìs forum is meant for problems setting up Apache in the Xampp Development environment. We cannot provide professional Apache support in a complex commercial production environment. You should go for professional support instead. Last not least, this subforum is a german board, there are english boards as well.
Nobbie

Re: Apache 2.4 F5 Load Balancer Issue

Postby fdp077 » 07. June 2017 04:48

Danke
fdp077

XAMPP version: Apache 2.4
Operating System: Windows Server 2012 R2

Return to Apache