Tomcat 7 Windows authentication setup

Alles, was den Apache betrifft, kann hier besprochen werden.

Tomcat 7 Windows authentication setup

Postby ilansch » 18. January 2016 19:52

Tomcat 7 Windows authentication
Hi, I have followed the guide at https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html
After setting "Tomcat instance (Windows server)", What is the next step (I configured the DC/Kerberos keytab)? They write on the user guide stuff about the spnego authenticator, BUT they dont mention anywhere to set a spngeo authentication vavle
What am I missing here ?
I need to set JNDI Realm in the context of the localhost tomcat ? In Server.xml on conf folder ? the JNDI will be used in order to perform the actual authentication with Active Directory ?
Thats all ? Or i should add Spngeo authenticator and filters (as mentioned in spnego website) ?
Do i need to add additional jars to lib folder (the spnego jar) ?
What is the tomcat7 implentation for windows authentication (they use spnego behind the scenes?) ?

My goal is to set up tomcat 7 SSO using kerberos. my domain controller and tomcat with the webapp are sitting on different machines but both on Windows Server 2012.
ilansch

Operating System: windows

Re: Tomcat 7 Windows authentication setup

Postby Nobbie » 18. January 2016 19:58

ilansch wrote:They write on the user guide stuff about the spnego authenticator, BUT they dont mention anywhere to set a spngeo authentication vavle
What am I missing here ?

You should ask them, what they are meaning and what you are missing. This is the german Apache Forum for Xampp.
Nobbie

Return to Apache