XAMPP-Control-Center

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Windows? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

XAMPP-Control-Center

Postby silvanet » 07. October 2020 15:27

Hope you can help with that. I recently upgraded to Windows 7.4.10 version and every time it started I got error saying Filezilla could not start because Windows ftp server was using port 21, but I could then start Filezilla, and I could also use the client to do ftp transfers without a problem. The problem came when I tried to shut down the control panel. After stopping all services I was running (Apache, MySQL, and Filezilla), I would quit and get access errors and unable to access control.ini messages. The program would hang & not close and I would eventually have to kill the process. I found that the only way to stop that was to manually start the control panel as an administrator. Nothing I could do in the permissions would help. And even after that "fix" I keep getting the same message every time it starts - that port 21 was being used by Windows \svchost.exe -k ftpsvc. Even after I disabled ftp in Windows features the message keeps coming up. Is there any way to clear those messages? I can really live with them because they're just wrong and Filezilla is working properly. In fact, even after reactivating the Windows feature it works. I don't know if there would be a problem if I actually tried to use Windows IIS ftp. If you have any ideas or thoughts on this, I would really appreciate them.
silvanet

XAMPP version: 7.4.10
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Re: XAMPP-Control-Center

Postby Nobbie » 07. October 2020 18:56

"Language german only!" (see above)!
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP für Windows