XAMPP not responding to GET method

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Linux? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

XAMPP not responding to GET method

Postby jguillor » 24. July 2014 20:36

Hi, I'm doing some development on a bluetooth device where we send HTTP methods to a web server. I've installed XAMPP 1.8.3-4 on an Unbuntu 12.04 machine. I've updated the httpd-xampp.conf file to allow connections from external networks. I verified I can access the web server from another machine on a different network just fine through a browser.

For my development, I'm sending a very simple HTTP GET request as formatted below but I'm not getting anything back from the server. I'm more of an embedded developer and don't know to much about web programming. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

GET / HTTP/1.1
Host:
Connection: close

Thanks!
Jay
jguillor

Operating System: Linux Ubuntu 12.04

Re: XAMPP not responding to GET method

Postby Nobbie » 24. July 2014 21:43

jguillor wrote:For my development, I'm sending a very simple HTTP GET request as formatted below but I'm not getting anything back from the server.

As the server answers properly to any request coming from a browser, there must be something wrong in your request. You did not tell us anything about HOW you triggered this request.
Nobbie

Re: XAMPP not responding to GET method

Postby jguillor » 24. July 2014 22:18

I'm using the lwIP TCP/IP stack to create and connect through a socket and send tcp packets.

I think I'm actually having networking issues as it seems I'm not able to access my web server if connected to the wifi network.

I don't believe it's an issue with the my request message since www.google.com and www.facebook.com both respond.

Thanks for the quick response!
jguillor

Operating System: Linux Ubuntu 12.04

Return to XAMPP für Linux