LAMPP as second LAMP Installation

Irgendwelche Probleme mit XAMPP für Linux? Dann ist hier genau der richtige Ort um nachzufragen.

Postby beartham » 13. November 2005 19:43

I downloaded and installed LAMPP 1.5.0, on my Suse 9.0 box but haven't started it yet. I have an existing LAMP (Apache 1.3 ModPerl 1, Mason, MySQL, Postres, PHP4, Perl 5.8.0) on this machine that I want to stay active. I intend to run the new Apache2 in a different port, so I can do development in both environments. I don't want to reinstall all of the CPAN modules. How can I use the Perl 5.8.0 CPAN modules for the new Perl 5.8.7 installed under /opt? :?:
beartham (Joseph Thames)
beartham

Postby deepsurfer » 14. November 2005 08:40

How can I use the Perl 5.8.0 CPAN modules for the new Perl 5.8.7 installed under /opt?

write in CGIscripts at the first line
Code: Select all
#!/usr/bin/perl

instead of #!/opt/lampp/perl

then the script dont use the perl of xampp
chirio Deep
Wie sagte einst der MCP aus Tron auf dem Bildschirm zu schreiben Pflegte
" ... end of communication ... "
deepsurfer
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win-XP / Win7 / Linux -Debian

Postby beartham » 14. November 2005 17:41

I want to use the LAMPP version of Perl (e.g. via ModPerl 2 under Apache 2). But I want it to access the modules previously installed for the other version of Perl which I normally run as ModPerl 1 under Apache 1.

If I had used the CPAN Install module (http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5.8.7/INSTALL#_top) to install Perl 5.8.7, instead of using LAMPP to install, then I could use the Configure script (See http://search.cpan.org/~nwclark/perl-5. ... s_of_perl5)
then I could set up the module search like the following:

/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/5.8.7/$archname
/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/5.8.7
/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7/$archname
/opt/lampp/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.7

/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/$archname
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/

Apparently the Install Configure script generates two shell scripts config.sh and Policy.sh which set up this search sheme. I would like to know how to achieve the equivalent for the LAMPP version of Perl, so that both versions access the same modules, and when any new modules are added (usually one or more each month), then both installabtions will remain in synch.
beartham (Joseph Thames)
beartham

Postby beartham » 14. November 2005 18:06

Ok, I can put the use lib pragma in all my scripts or use the PERL5LIB environment variable. I guess that makes the most sense. :oops:
beartham (Joseph Thames)
beartham

Return to XAMPP für Linux