Issue with XAMPP Reinstallation on macOS Sonoma 14

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Issue with XAMPP Reinstallation on macOS Sonoma 14

Postby mustafa5555 » 07. November 2023 10:24

Hello community,

I recently encountered an issue with XAMPP on my macOS Sonoma 14. I uninstalled XAMPP and then reinstalled it, but this process seems to have caused problems with the database and my WordPress website. Before uninstalling XAMPP, I had made a complete backup of the xamppfiles directory.

After reinstalling XAMPP, here are the specific issues I'm facing:

Database Problems: When I try to access my database through PHPMyAdmin, it appears that some of my previous database data is missing, and I'm unable to access it.

WordPress Website: I can no longer access my WordPress website. It's showing an "Error establishing a database connection" message.

I have tried to troubleshoot the issue by checking the database credentials and ensuring that the database server is running, but I haven't been successful in resolving the problem.

One important detail to note is that I kept a full backup of the xamppfiles directory before uninstalling XAMPP, so I'm wondering if there is a way to restore my previous database data and website functionality using this backup.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or assistance in resolving this issue. If you need more specific information about my setup or any error logs, please let me know, and I'll provide them.

Thank you in advance for your help.
mustafa5555

XAMPP version: 8.2.4-0
Operating System: Osx Sonoma 14.0

Re: Issue with XAMPP Reinstallation on macOS Sonoma 14

Postby mustafa5555 » 07. November 2023 13:40

any help
mustafa5555

XAMPP version: 8.2.4-0
Operating System: Osx Sonoma 14.0

Re: Issue with XAMPP Reinstallation on macOS Sonoma 14

Postby subzero06 » 17. November 2023 17:34