Apache won't stop on XAMPP 8.2.4 Mac

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache won't stop on XAMPP 8.2.4 Mac

Postby pauljvallance » 20. August 2023 14:58

Hello,

Once started, Apache won't stop in XAMPP 8.2.4 on Mac OS 12.6.8 (machine is a M1 Mini)

Stopping using manager-osx, or using following shell script:

Code: Select all
do shell script "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/xampp stop" password "password" with administrator privileges.

doesn't work.... YET....

in XAMP 7.4.27 on the same machine, there is no problem with starting or stopping Apache from Manager-osx, or from the shell script.

In order to run both versions on same machine (independently( I change the foldername of the inactive version to XAMPP7 or XAMPP8 depending on which I'm using.

Please advise on the name of the process to kill in terminal or Activity Monitor to stop Apache, rather than having to reboot.

Thanks
pauljvallance

XAMPP version: 8.2.4
Operating System: OS 12.6.8

Re: Apache won't stop on XAMPP 8.2.4 Mac

Postby pauljvallance » 22. August 2023 07:38

Update:
----------

on MacOS 12.6.8 both XAMPP 7.4.21 and 8.2.4 apache server will not stop IF already started with the shell script (below) through Terminal.

do shell script "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/xampp stop" password "password" with administrator privileges

doesn't work but..

do shell script "/Applications/xampp/xamppfiles/xampp start" password "password" with administrator privileges

the start script does!

If I manually use Manager-osx to start and stop, then all is well.
pauljvallance

XAMPP version: 8.2.4
Operating System: OS 12.6.8

Return to XAMPP for macOS