XAMPP VM is not opening on MacOS 13 beta (Ventura)

Problems with the Mac OS X version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP VM is not opening on MacOS 13 beta (Ventura)

Postby nasir179125 » 28. July 2022 21:18

I have updated to MacOS 13 Ventura and after that XAMPP VM app is not opening at all. I have tried several solutions for problems associated with XAMPP but XAMPP VM still doesn't work. Main problem is it's not opening in Venture.
Current version is: xampp-osx-8.0.9-0-vm
nasir179125

XAMPP version: 8.0.9-0-vm
Operating System: Venture 13

Re: XAMPP VM is not opening on MacOS 13 beta (Ventura)

Postby JDLH » 11. September 2022 08:10

Hello, could you please give some more details about your situation? It will help others either give you useful information, or see if your situation applies to them.

You say, "Main problem is it's not opening in Venture." What specifically do you do to start the XAMPP VM app? What specifically do you observe? What error messages or error dialogues does XAMPP VM app display?

You say "I have updated to MacOS 13 Ventura and after that XAMPP VM app is not opening at all." What OS version were you using before the upgrade? When you tried to start the XAMPP VM app in the same way as you describe before, what did the XAMPP VM app do or display to show that it was working correctly?

What specific version (13.what?.what? beta what? build what?) of macOS are you using now?

What kind of computer are you running? Does it have an intel CPU or an M1 (ARM) CPU?

I am also having problems with the XAMPP VM app, on an M1 mac running macOS 12.6 Monterey. I am creating a separate topic about them. I would like to compare your experiences to mine.
JDLH

XAMPP version: 7.4
Operating System: macOS 12.6

Postby walshkevinj » 27. October 2022 02:26

I updated to Ventura and can not get XAMPP VM version 8.1.6 to install. Apple OS says the package can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.

Updated with running on a Mac Mini, 3GHz 6-core Intel Core i5, Ventura 13.0
walshkevinj

XAMPP version: 8.1.6-0
Operating System: MAC OS

Postby wcamp » 28. October 2022 01:46

I, too, downloaded XAMPP 8.1.6. Double-clicking or right-clicking the icon brings up this essential error message:
. . .
"xampp-osx-8.1.6-0-vm.app" can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
The item is on the disk image "xampp-osxo8.1.6-0-vm.dmg". Safari downloaded this disk image today at 5:12 PM.
. . .

Obviously, XAMPP must update to a version that is fully compatible with Mac OS Ventura.

For four days after upgrading to Ventura, I've been unable to open XAMPP and cannot get Dreamweaver to locate my files. Very disappointed that I'm unable to develop my clients' sites due to XAMPP's incompatibility with Mac OS Ventura.

I need help from Apache Friends or others — ASAP — so I can get back to business.
wcamp

XAMPP version: 1.0.3
Operating System: Monterey

Postby Nobbie » 28. October 2022 21:10

Get you a Linux PC and your are done.
Nobbie

Postby wcamp » 28. October 2022 22:16

What is a "linux PC"?

Please say more.

Thank you.
wcamp

Postby Nobbie » 29. October 2022 18:44

Its a PC running Linux as Operating System. Linux is a free Operating System, developed by a huge community, the base for many other developments (i.e. Apache, MySQL, PHP) and the most stable Operating System. The Xampp VM is an export of a Xampp Linux installation, running in a Virtual Machine. But it runs under MacOS with all the hassles of MacOS and Apple.

Apple simply lies when telling you, that everything is running smoothly just out of the box. You actually currently learn this the hard way. It does not work simply out of the box.

Linux comes in very many "distributions", for a beginner i highly recommend either Ubuntu Linux or Linux Mint. You can get free ISO images on the corresponding sites. Or simply proceed to https://distrowatch.com/, you will find all of the distributions there.
Nobbie

Postby wcamp » 29. October 2022 19:00

I thank you, Nobbie, for promptly responding and providing an apparent reason for your suggestion.

I'm unfamiliar with this but I will forward your recommendation to people who can help me with this.

Thanks, again.

Warren
wcamp

Postby Nobbie » 29. October 2022 19:54

Actually - i am surprised. You really want to run a Webserver on your local PC (which is a very sophisticated task and you need lots of unserstandings and netware knowledge), but you have no idea, how to simply run another OS on a PC? Wow. I have no words for that.
Nobbie

Postby 003 » 30. October 2022 17:14

Nobbie, community must be used for useful information.

wcamp, At the moment there is no solution. I suggest you to downgrade the macOS version to monterey and wait for new version of xampp.

XAMPP version: 8.1.6
Operating System: macos

Postby jerrythimothy » 31. October 2022 08:11

I just upgraded my OS to Ventura. Now, since morning nothing happens if I double-click or right click and open the application. First time, it goes to the Security and Privacy to Open from there but even after clicking Open from there, nothing happens. Literally no window opens.

Is there a timeline where we can expect a fix?

Thanks.
jerrythimothy

XAMPP version: xampp-osx-7.4.29-1
Operating System: Ventura

Postby jerrythimothy » 31. October 2022 08:12

Do we have a plan of action from the team?
jerrythimothy

XAMPP version: xampp-osx-7.4.29-1
Operating System: Ventura

Postby wcamp » 04. November 2022 00:54

So we can plan accordingly, can someone in the know tell us us a compatible version of XAMPP VM will be released in a couple of days" A week? Two weeks?

I need to make a smart decision for myself and my clients.

Please weigh in ASAP on the ETA of a compatible upgrade. Many thanks, in advance.
wcamp

Postby ademmgunduz » 09. November 2022 08:22

hello, none of the existing versions are working.
Although I tried everything, because it is not approved by apple, I can't help it, it shuts it down. Anonce update should come.
and I was in a very difficult situation because of this situation..
And if you know how can I access my files on the server..
Does the computer store it somewhere?
ademmgunduz

Operating System: macOS

Postby cristianr620 » 14. November 2022 00:16

hola, accedí a los archivos a través de qemu

https://www.qemu.org/download/#macos
terminal: brew install qemu

directorio:
cd /Users/username/.bitnami/stackman/machines/xampp/vm/
qemu-img convert -f qcow2 -O vmdk machine.qcow2 machine2.img

descomprimí el archivo con 7zip.

gracias.
cristianr620

Operating System: macos